03| envelopes

-ˋˏ 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 3: ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 3: ˎˊ-

 ❝ Lavender ❞  

-

-

Ever since Ushijima said that you guys would be going against each other in volleyball, you took that as an advantage to practice more and more. Ushijima smiled at the thought of hanging out with you and getting your relationship back up. Though, why was he so excited about it? You guys weren't friends nor close to each other anymore. He hated you, especially when you guys played volleyball together. Just the thought of it made your face light up. You guys passed by each other in the hallways once in a while and would just glare at each other. Tension rose between you two, not like there wasn't any already. You spaced out of class thinking about what to write in your next letter. You decided to just make a letter of hints of who you possibly can be. Hopefully not being too subtle.

—————

As you got home from school, your parents told you that the Ushijimas' were going over for dinner. Your parents and his parents were long-time friends, so it was no surprise to you that they'd be going over for dinner. Dinner with their family was always at least once a month, though you tried avoiding it often since Ushijima cut you off years ago due to you being alongside him. You helped your parents with dinner and, of course, they had to make it special for them. You had some time left before they got to your house, so you decided to start on another letter: letter 3. This time it was about when you guys "first" met and what you thought about him. It was difficult to put in words. When it came to volleyball, he absolutely hated you, but when it was you in general he was fine with you. So were you supposed to write about when you first met, which was volleyball, or when you met him as just Toshi? You came to a conclusion of just to write it without you two being volleyball rivals. If you did, he'd know immediately who was really writing the letters.

You got called down by your dad, and accidentally left the lavender envelopes on your desk, forgetting to put them away. You said your hellos to his parents and to Wakatoshi, who was not talkative as usual all through dinner. Though the topic of your guys' volleyball match came up. Then you had to explain everything that happened because Wakatoshi didn't speak while they asked him. Leaving you to explain. Your parents didn't get the deal of having to do it, while his parents didn't know what to say. You guys were having a match all because Wakatoshi thinks he's better than you at volleyball. Which he's probably right for. The whole time after, it was awkward for you and Ushijima. There wasn't much to talk about, especially since both your parents were there. After dinner, you helped clean up but your parents insisted on taking Wakatoshi to your room to talk, while your parents and his talk.

 When you guys walked into your room, it was even more awkward. He took a glance at your desk and saw the lavender envelopes. The ones you forgot to put away. The ones you've been giving to him along with your letter. He walked up to your desk and picked up an envelope. Thankfully it was an empty one so the letter you previously wrote wasn't in it.