Chapter 10: An Arc of Friendship

EmperorJirachi: Hello everyone! Ten chapters in already!

Ochako: Wow, Senpai! That's surprising. I can't believe it.

Tsuyu: What's this chapter about, kero?

EmperorJirachi: Telling would be counter-intuitive. But I will say that there is a focus on Cardin once again. After this one, the focus shifts away from the half-Osmosian for a little while. Hope you all enjoy the chapter!

Disclaimer: I do not own RWBY or Ben 10. All characters and settings in this story belong to their respective owners and are not mine. Enjoy!

Chapter 10: An Arc of Friendship

Cardin's eyes slowly drifted open as he began the slow, grueling process of waking up after blacking out. He felt immense pain all over his body. His head felt ready to explode from the massive headache he earned from absorbing electricity when his body was unused to it. There was also an intense ringing in his ears that refused to subside.

But Cardin didn't care about any of those problems right now. All he cared about was that he had done well. If physical pain like this was the repercussions for doing so, then it was well worth it. Especially if it was to feel the unexplainably pleasant feelings which he had felt when he realized that he was in this position because he had saved Velvet.

'Wait a second...' Cardin paused while grabbing his head and groaning in agony. Apparently, even thinking hurt him at the moment. 'Where is Velvet? Better question, where am I?'

A quick surveillance of his surroundings told the brunette that he was in Beacon's Medical Wing, lying down in one of the many plain white hospital beds. To his surprise, there was no signs of anyone else in sight.

Cardin frowned at this realization and briefly pondered if Velvet had run off after getting him here. It was possible she had though he would wake up and be upset with her for some reason.

However, those paranoid thoughts quickly left his mind when he heard voices coming from the other side of the large metal door at the far left of the room.

He tried to force his ears to focus enough to listen in on their conversation, groaning from the intense pain of trying to concentrate, and was rewarded by hearing part of the conversation taking place.

"I told you all, he is in no condition for visitors." A feminine voice that clearly belonged to one of the professors stated in a firm and slightly annoyed tone.

"Please Professor Peach, we're his friends. We're all worried about him." Cardin recognized that voice with ease as belonging to Velvet, and she sounded like she was begging with the older woman to let her in.

"More like those three are worried and the rest of us simply got dragged along because of our team leaders." Weiss' cold voice commented, making sure to correct Velvet.

If he could, Cardin would have rolled his eyes. He could almost picture the scowling face the icy heiress would give as a response to the mere thought of being considered a friend of the brunette half-alien.

"Weiss! Now is not the time to act like an Ice Queen!" Ruby scolded the white haired girl. She most likely earned a scowl or glare from Weiss, but ignored it. She then turned to trying to help sway Professor Peach to let them visit Cardin. "Please Professor? Cardin needs us right now. Especially after what his team did to him..."

'What they did to me?' Cardin blinked in confusion before he realized what was going on. Velvet had probably lied to Professor Peach about what had actually happened to him because she might have been scared and confused. 'Yeah right. Like those idiots could actually do anything to me, they're all nothing but a bunch of cowards.'