Chapter 34: Past and Present

EmperorJirachi: Hi guys! Welcome back to the story. So, last time we left off on a pretty big note. But don't worry, this chapter picks up immediately after the end of the last chapter.

Ochako: So we're going to get some answers then?

EmperorJirachi: Sort of. See, this chapter is more about the antagonists than it is about the main eight. It is also a parallel chapter like last time was.

Tsuyu: Two parallel chapters back to back? Kero? 

EmperorJirachi: Yeah, I know. But trust me, there is a good reason for this. This chapter parellels the Volume Three chapter "Beginning of the End". And though it is this story's counterpart to that chapter, there are still quite a few differences.

Ochako: Well, okay.

Tsuyu: Sounds cool, kero. Let's see how it goes!

EmperorJirachi: Yes, let's. Turns to the viewers and smiles. Hope you all enjoy this chapter!

Disclaimer: I do not own RWBY or Ben 10. All characters and settings in this story are not mine. Enjoy!

Chapter 34: Past and Present

Yang's head darted in several different directions. The colosseum still in an uproar as she tried to figure out what was really happening. Her eyes turned once more to Mercury, laying there as he gripped onto his injured leg for dear life.

Emerald, who was crouched next to him with obvious fear and concern on her face, cried out. "Someone please help! He needs help!"

"We're coming!" A voice called from somewhere else as a few medics came rushing down to the duo of teammates. One of them cautiously approached, bending down to get a better look at Mercury. Another tried to get Emerald away from Mercury, but she wouldn't budge.

"I... This doesn't make any sense!" Yang tried to step closer, to ask what was happening. The second she did so, the Atlesian soldiers warningly raised their weapons even higher. "You don't understand! He attacked-."

"Save it, kid. You've caused enough damage!" One soldier barked out angrily. "Just come quietly and this will be a lot easier for everyone."

Yang didn't know what to say at that moment. Her eyes drifted once more to her friends. The shock was mostly gone by now, though it had been replaced by confusion and even more fear. Some looked angry, though that was probably because they didn't understand what was happening.

The blonde brawler's eyes lingered on Ruby. The red/black haired girl was still staring at Yang with wide fearful eyes. It took a second for Yang to realize why she was so scared though. 'She's not afraid of me... She's scared something bad might happen to me.'

That thought, while a bit comforting at first, stung like a slap to the face. Her little sister was afraid, and it was her fault. Bowing her head, Yang raised her arms in surrender as the authorities moved in.

While this happened, another paramedic attempted to get Emerald away from Mercury. The green haired girl glared daggers at the medic, tears brimming in her red eyes. "I'm not leaving him! He needs me!" Emerald declared heatedly, determination and care burning in her eyes.

The lead medic signaled the others to leave Emerald be. The team then worked on getting Mercury up onto a stretcher, having to use two so that Emerald could go with him since she refused to leave his side.

From afar, a certain amber eyed girl watched as the events transpired. She then turned to look over her shoulder and saw another Cinder, this one with magenta eyes, staring at her.