Chapter 28: One Lucky Rabbit

EmperorJirachi: Hello everyone! Welcome to what I would say is a long awaited chapter. Why would I say that? Well, if the ending of last chapter didn't give it away, we get our first real glimpse into the reveal of Velvet being Lucky Girl.

Tsuyu: Excited. Really?! We get to hear how Velvet became Lucky Girl?!

EmperorJirachi: You'll see. I will say that this chapter is pretty character heavy, so sorry if that bothers you. But before we begin, I would like to say thank you to everyone who has helped get this story to over 100 Votes. I honestly didn't think that would ever happen.

Ochako: Congrats Senpai, you deserve it!

Tsuyu: Yeah, Kero! We should celebrate! Shares a mischievous glance with Ochako. And I think we know just how to do it...

EmperorJirachi: Blushes a bright red as both girls get closer. Well, uh, okay. Glances toward the reader. I hope you all enjoy this chapter while I deal with these two. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I do not own RWBY or Ben 10. All characters and settings used in this story are not mine. Enjoy!

Chapter 28: One Lucky Rabbit

Velvet Scarlatina had never anticipated that things would come to this when she applied to attend Beacon Academy. She had hoped to become a Huntress and put her past behind her. But as she stood in her dormitory with Jaune and Ruby staring wide eyed at her while she wore the mask and attire she had once hoped to never wear again, she knew that wasn't possible.

Neither Ruby nor Jaune knew what to say. It wasn't like this was the first time they had learnt a secret about one of their fellow students. They needed only to glance at Velvet's bed and see Cardin nonchalantly lounging to be reminded of that.

'Wait a second...' Jaune and Ruby paused, realizing how relaxed Cardin was despite the fact that his girlfriend had just revealed herself as one of Remnant's greatest heroes. "So... Velvet is Lucky Girl."

"Yes." Velvet slowly took off the mask and put it down on her bedside table, taking her seat next to Cardin once more.

"And Cardin knew about it but didn't tell us?" Ruby asked, both her and Jaune having pieced that much together.

"Yes."

Jaune then thought back to when the Nanoids had invaded Beacon. He recalled Lucky Girl watching as he reverted to Ditto, Ruby having said it was okay. He also remembered Ozpin saying that all who needed to know of the Omnitrix remembered it. 'Including Lucky Girl.'

His eyes narrowed at her and Cardin both. "And you've known about me and the Omnitrix since the Nanoid invasion."

Velvet paused before shaking her head. "Well... sort of. You see, the Omnitrix is actually something that I've known about since I was a little girl." Seeing the shock on the duo of team leader's faces, she continued. "The Plumbers heard tales of it way, way back. When Galvan Prime fell, it was rumored that a powerful device capable of achieving inter-stellar peace had been lost along with the Galvan species."

"Over the years, a lot of Plumbers told their kids and grandkids about it." Cardin joined in, taking the she-faunus' hand and giving it a small squeeze. "A machine that could not only let someone walk a mile in other species' shoes, but also revive alien races long since extinct."

Jaune's eyes widened to the size of saucers. 'The Omnitrix can do that?! No way! I mean, I know that it can repair genetics, but I never thought it could do something as amazing as bring dead species back to life. I need to talk to Azmuth about this later.'