Chapter 41: Family Found

EmperorJirachi: Welcome back, everyone! I know it's been about a month since the last update, and for that I'm sorry.

Ochako: Please forgive Senpai, life hasn't been super easy for him lately. There's been a lot of things happening.

EmperorJirachi: That's true. But don't worry, we're back with another chapter.

Tsuyu: Hugs EmperorJirachi from behind. Awesome, kero! This is gonna be so sweet!

EmperorJirachi: Heh, heh... Blushes a bright red. Thanks Tsu-chan. Turns to the readers. I hope you guys feel the same. We won't keep you any longer, so enjoy the chapter!

Disclaimer: I do not own RWBY or Ben 10. All characters and settings used in this story are not mine. Enjoy!

Chapter 41: Family Found

Pyrrha nervously entered Cinder's room, completely unsure of what to expect. The mutated girl looked around and found herself in a very large room. It was spacious, with many shelves hanging off of one wall and a large wooden dresser tucked neatly beside the closet. There were two large beds, both with dark green wooden frames and very comfortable looking mattresses that were decorated with light green sheets and pale green comforters.

On one of those beds, Pyrrha saw Cinder staring up at the ceiling in what was clearly a moment of deep thought. The green/black haired girl turned her gaze to Pyrrha as the spartan tried and failed to silently make her way to the empty bed.

A smile spread across Cinder's face as she forced herself into a sitting position. "Pyrrha?"

Pyrrha nervously turned to face the red-eyed girl. "Yes, Cinder?"

"It's... nice to see you here." Cinder surprised the mutant girl by beckoning her to come closer. Not wanting to upset Cinder, especially not when the green/black haired girl had just opened her door and her family to the spartan, Pyrrha did as asked and walked to her bedside. "Please, sit."

Pyrrha did as asked, sitting down on the edge of the bed. What she didn't expect was for Cinder to reach out and give a weak tug on one of her four arm, strong enough just to cause Pyrrha to tumble forward into Cinder's waiting embrace.

The former champion shakily asked while looking up in surprise. "Ci-Cinder?"

"Oh, I'm sorry." Cinder apologized in a dejected-sounding voice, clearly getting the wrong idea and letting go. "I suppose I should have asked first. I just... Seeing you here, I had guessed you were willing to be one of our family. I'm-."

Before she could try to apologize again, Pyrrha pulled her close and hugged her tight. "No, it's not that. Please don't apologize. I just... I wasn't expecting you to do that, is all."

"Why wouldn't I? We're family now... aren't we?" Cinder asked hopefully.

"I would like to be." Pyrrha answered softly. "But I understand if you really don't want me. After all, who would want me? I'm just a-."

"You had better not call my little sister a freak." Cinder warned, pulling away a bit and staring Pyrrha directly in the eyes.

"Li-little sister?" Pyrrha stuttered out in a mixture of disbelief and hope.

"Yes." Cinder nodded firmly, knowing fully well that Pyrrha didn't quite believe it yet. And knowing that she needed comfort and confirmation both, the red-eyed girl told her with as much conviction as she could muster. "You said that you want to be family, and so we are. Meaning you are my little sister now. And I hate when my family talks badly about themselves. So please, don't say anything bad about yourself."