Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"so do you want to go to festival this tomorrow?" Zach ask me as he leans against my car.

we were currently standing out in the parking lot,mingling,like others.the school property and most of town was full of posters advertising the festival.The schools population was talking about i mean there wasn't anything Else exciting right now and usually Ashley,the co-captain of the cheer team,is always starting a rumor when this happens but i guess she is satisfied with the festival or most likely has something up that dirty sleeve of hers.

"uh i don't know my mom has to go out to a dinner with my father and i am probably going to have to watch Lilly who might want to come along." i say a little sad

"let her come."

"what?" i ask a little surprised

"let her come with us."

"are you sure?"

"yeah it will be fun .the three of us."

"ok."

"ill pick you up at 6:30" he says as the bell rings off in the distance and  head off to class.

*****************

"how do i look." i say as i look in the mirror messing with my hair.

"you look fine now lets go.hes downstairs already." Lilly says dragging out the words lets and go.Lilly was wearing white cotton shorts with a baby blue tank top.she had slipped on a pair of brown wooden plain sandals and some simple ear rings.i had straightened out her brown loose curls with my flat iron and it made her look a little older.the fact that she was tall her her age of 13 even helped.she grabbed her phone and checked the time then stuck in into her back pocket.

"we have to go its almost seven."she said and went off downstairs.

i looked at my appearance my blond hair straightened and my makeup was light but noticeable.i was wearing blue cut-offs and a white tank top.my vanz would help my feet feel comfortable after the long walking and waiting in lines.i grabbed my phone and some money and slipped it in my back pocket and put a hairband on my wrist to use later if needed to.i saw my strawberry chap stick from the corner of my eye and swiped some on.I took one more look in the mirror.i was surprised at the sight i saw.the girl I saw in the mirror couldn't be me but it was.it was surprising what a Little makeup and hair utensils can do.plus the help of my sister in  outfit choice helped also.I turned off the lights and went downstairs.

"um wow." Zach said as i came to meet him in the foyer with Lilly standing beside him.

"um is the makeup and everything to much for the festival.Lilly said it looked good and I--"

"no.no.you actually look very nice."

"its just a tank top and shorts."

"i know but well..."

"come on its getting dark out."Lilly said and it snapped us out of our dazed conversation and back to reality.

*********************************

the band this year was 'the Eli young band' and 'the script'.they usually do fireworks about 2 hours after its dark.we had rode almost every single ride in the whole festival.Lilly had seen some of her friends here when we arrived and asked to go with them.i didn't oppose and let her go as long as she checked in every hour and a halfafter she had left me and Zach we went and got some cotton candy.we ended up throwing it away though after it was almost done with because some kid got pushed into us and it fell on the ground.we were almost about to leave and Lilly had met up with us again.Lilly wanted to go on the Farris wheel before we left with a boy that was in one of her classes and Zach thought it was a good idea so me and Zach are in a seat while Lilly and her friend,Micheal,are in the seat in front of us.halfway through the ride Zach put his arm around my shoulders as we looked up in the sky.i leaned my head on his shoulder.we were one more stop from the tipy top when Zach spoke.

"Hayley.."

"yeah?"

"i have to ask you something." Zach says and my stomach suddenly starts getting queasy.questions run through my mind.

do i smell?

is he playing me?

do i have something in my hair?

these questions run through my mind but i have a feeling these are not going to relate to anything hes about to ask me.i know exactly what hes going to ask and im trying to avoided freezing up and going  into panic mode.

"Hayley Marshall will you be my girlfriend?" he ask looking in my eyes as i look up at his face.we were now at the top and the Farris wheel suddenly stopped.

"yes."i say smiling.i didn't even now what just went out of my mouth because my mind wasn't thinking at the moment or so i thought.

"good."he says and he leans in and so do i.our lips meet and i slowly move my lips against his soft ones.he smiles against my lips as we suddenly hear a big boom from above us and the sound of something shimmering.we break apart and look up in the sky at the fire works going off above our heads.i never knew that the first time that someone asked me to be there girlfriend would be like this.be easy to answer.we just stayed quiet as we watched them go off above our heads.i laid my head against him as he pulled me closer.you would think that i was thinking about the kiss but i wasn't.i was thinking about life...the future.