Chapter 15

Luna had her very first checkup.

A week after she was born, Marc and Laura took her to their kids' pediatrician for her to get checked out.

She passed with flying colors.

Marc was so proud of his serene baby girl. She definitely was a good baby as she rarely cried and when she did, it wasn't even loud.

Both of her brothers were murder on the ears...

Laura was just glad to get some sleep. Like her brothers and dad, Luna was a hard sleeper and only awoke when something was wrong. Laura loved it. At first she had been scared when Quad first did it but now that they had Luna, she was settled.

Now if only Wen slept through the night...

ATUA

"I didn't understand a lot." Norah felt bad.

"Don't worry, baby." Marcy packed the box back up. "Tests don't fully measure a person's capabilities. It can't. Besides, it's an aptitude test. There are no wrong answers. Well there's no wrong outcomes."

Norah relaxed. "What do I do now?"

"Go play." Marcy taped the box up.

Norah slipped out.

Mal leaned back in his seat. "She did pretty good."

"Yeah. She's a good kid and I'll be surprised if she doesn't test well." Marcy attached the return label.

"She might be. She needs more self-confidence."

"Both do. Chase still can't believe his score."

"They'll believe one day."

She sneezed. "Aw crap!"

"Your annual cold." He smirked.

"No!" She whined.

"I'll take care of you, Baby."

She went to sit on his lap. "You just want to take my clothes off."

"Not just."

She leaned down to kiss him.

ATUA

"One week!" Mari cheered.

"Aw yeah!" Karen was just as happy.

"I can't wait to go home." Home would always be Tamar for Mari.

"I just like that it's my baby's first Christmas." Karen looked through her closet for a sweater to put on.

"Yes!" Mari's voice sounded from Karen's phone.

"I got her so many clothes and toys."

"Mom got Mea a tiara. Not even one from a store but one from the vault."

Karen laughed. "Your mom's ballin out here!"

"I love her but she keeps saying Mea's going to be queen."

"How far away is she from the throne?"

"Like sixth. And I love my uncle. I don't want him to die just so Mea can be queen."

"Wouldn't you have to die, too?"

"Yes." Mari said flatly.

Karen grimaced. "I'm glad Daddy was exiled. I don't want to be chieftain."

"Karen, did you just say you're glad your daddy is estranged from his family?"

Karen rolled her golden eyes. "I didn't mean it like that."