Chapter 14: A New Prey

~~Recap~~

You know they know what they're doing. Chat helped Natalie and Hawkmoth leave the liar as the elevator door closes behind him.

"No!" Vexer yelled.

~~Recap Over~~

Vexer growled at Viperion. If it wasn't for him, she would have gotten her way with Chat.

"You will pay for that Luka!" She yelled.

She ran towards him. Carapace and Rena both tried to tackle her however, to everyone's surprise, they seemed to pass through her (So, she has the power of being transparent too i guess) . Carapace threw his shield at her but she immediately teleported out of the way and appeared in front of Viperion.

Before he could even react, she grabbed his neck and lifted him from the ground. He struggled for oxygen. His legs wiggled about. As a reflexive response, his hands came towards his neck and tried to free himself from her strong grip.

She slowly started walking to the end of the room until Viperion was trapped between her and the wall against his back.
"M-ma-ma- Marinette..." He gasped for oxygen.

Carapace noticed a wound on Vexer's back and decided to aim for it. And it's a good thing he did. As Vexer grunted in pain, her grip loosened. Viperion removed her hand off himself and threw her a punch. She took a few steps back, still in pain. She covered her face from the attack she just got but then started giggling.

"Hehehehe... Is that the best you can do?" She stood up straight and lifted her head.

Her eyes, were now colored purple. Electricity sparked from across her whole body. She lifted her arm so that her hand was pointing towards a weak Viperion on the ground still struggling to normalize his breathing.

She lifted her index finger towards him while closing the other fingers into a fist. All the electricity was concentrated on the tip of her index finger. Realizing what's about to happen, Rena quickly jumped in time to push Viperion out of the way while also barely dodging the electric bolt thrown at their direction.

Vexer tried to throw another one however Carapace quickly came to protect his friends with his shield. The moment where the electricity stroke the shield, a powerful force was produced and light scattered the room. Blinding everyone.

When things started to settle, just a couple of seconds later, Vexer removed her arms that were blocking the intense light rays from getting into her eyes. She looked up in horror as the heros were no longer there.

"What the hell?" She wondered.

Meanwhile, Chat Noir and Natalie take Hawkmoth to an old abandoned building. Chat Noir was doing a perimeter check to make sure they weren't followed. Whereas Nathalie was sitting against a wall. Hawkmoth was lying down with his head on her lap. He began to regan his senses.

"Mari-" he tried to utter. Nathalie sushed him.

"No. Don't speak. You need to regain your strength. So, in case she comes back-"

"Oh she won't be coming here." Chat interrupted while casually walking towards them.

"How do you know?"

"We're hiding in a broken down abandoned building. She's not gonna come looking for us in a dump like this. Besides, my team can handle her easily. More easier since I'm out of the way."

"But wouldn't your team need you?"

"If Viperion says he wants me out of the way, then no. That guy's smart. He knows what he's doing."

Nathalie weakly smiled at him for his faith in his team. A second later, however, she frowned.

"What's wrong?" He inquired.

"Your partner... Ladybug...Is she always this late?"

Chat was taken aback by the question.

"No she...a... She's not coming."

"What? Why? She's Ladybug! How can you possibly de-evilize this monster without her!?" She cried worridily.

"HEY! Marinette's NOT a monster. Whatever she is now, it's because of him!" He furiously pointed at Hawkmoth who was still resting.

"No. Hawkmoth's been only doing all this to protect the ones he cares about. You don't know what his life is like. He's only trying to save his wife so that they could be a happy family again." She defended.

"Wow. This jerk is married? Guess there's still hope for me then." He joked.

"This isn't a joke! He's just trying to correct a mistake he's made in the past."

"While making new ones every day? By terrorizing the city?" He looked away from them in disgust.

"He just wants what's best for his son." She finally uttered. Chat's ear flickered at this and he turned his attention to her again.

"If he really cares about his son, he should spend time with him. Make him feel loved...Because believe me, that's all I ever wanted from my father." He said in a sad, cold tone.

Nathalie looked up to see the boy in black leather. His eyes were gloomy. And his face was expression less. He tossed his baton aside and sat down with his knees close to him as he cuddled himself into a ball.

"I miss my mom so much." He said in a shaky voice before burying his face in the little space between himself and his knees.

"I'm sorry." Nathalie uttered in a soft and low voice.

Wow. It's been a really long time since I updated this story again haha. I'll try to keep updating it regularly.