Chapter 15: Hide and Seek

~~Recap~~

"I miss my mom so much." He said in a shaky voice before burying his face in the little space between himself and his knees.

"I'm sorry." Nathalie uttered in a soft and low voice.

~~Recap Over~~

Vexer was getting impatient. She looked around at her surroundings several time to make sure they're really gone. They were. On a quest to find them, she got out of the mansion and onto the roof. Standing tall, while still having a spark of purple in her eyes, she scanned the area. There was no sign of the pesky heroes anywhere. This made her growl. She isn't going to let them run away from a fight like that. And she's definitely not gonna let them hide for long. Determined to find them, she leaps off the roof and beings her search.

(Back at the abandoned building)
Chat Noir raised his head.

"What are you sorry for?" He asked blankly.

"For your loss. It must be hard for you to grow up without your mother."

"I didn't grow up without her. I just lost her... Last year." He sighed while resting his face on his knees.

Hawkmoth coughed violently and got off of his assistant's lap. He stood up straight but still used his cane for support. He was a little unstable at first, but he finally got up on his feet. Nathalie hurriedly got up. Her eyes were still focused on her boss whilst worried that he might collapse.

"What's taking your friends so long?" He asked Chat to change the subject. He heard their conversation and couldn't hear about Emilie anymore.

Already annoyed by his presence, Chat rolled his eyes.

"How am I supposed to know?" He got up again to face him.
"You tell me, how did you lose her? You had control over her the last time I fought her." He crossed his arms.

"It would appear that it was only temporary. I have never had an akumatized victim for so long. As time passes by, so does her power and her will to do as she pleases."

"What kind of powers did you give her anyway?"

"The power to hurt others who have wronged her."

"How does it work?"

"Well... That's upto her."

"What the hell does that even mean!?"

"Look, I gave her the powers to hurt others in any way she pleases. There isn't any particular power I gave her."

"Then I guess we need to know what we're up against. I've seen her use telekinesis and super strength."

"I'm afraid she can do more than that." Cried a voice from behind him.

Chat turned around and saw Viperion badly hurt. Rena and Carapace were still with him. Helping him walk over to Chat Noir. Though Chat was concerned about what happened earlier, he couldn't fight the urge not to point out the white oval shaped portal behind them. But before he could ask, a fourth person stepped out of it.

"Bunnix? What are you doing here?" Chat asked in confusion.

"Saving the future, obviously." She replied sharply. "Good thing I arrived just in time though. She would have squashed you guys like bugs on a windshield."

Suddenly the building started to shake followed by a loud thud sound from a distance. And then an ugly laughter. Rena peaked out of a broken window.

"Well... What is it?" Carapace asked.

"It's bad. Really bad. Mari- um... Vexer is on a rampage."

"She must be looking for us. Let's not keep her waiting." Chat suggested while performing some stretches.

"Hang on there mini cat. You can't go out to fight her like this." Bunnix stepped in front of the eager cat to block his way.

"Hey, people are in danger!" He protested.

"And so is the future. I need your help."

"Sorry Bunnix. But we have to take care of the present." Carapace argued.

"Why do you think I'm here in the first place? I've seen what happens. This is one fight you won't win. Even with Viperion on your side, you'll still lose. She's going to get each of you off guard and won't hesitate on finishing you if, or should i say when, given the chance."

"Is that-" Nathalie uttered pointing at stranger in front of her.

"I'm Bunnix. A time traveling miraculous wielder."

"Incredible." Hawkmoth added.

"Trust me. Come with me so we can save the future together." She offered her hand out for Chat Noir to grab. Since, obviously, he's the leader now.

Hearing her say 'This is one fight you won't win' made a frown on Chat's face. Obviously, he can't de-akumatize the akuma, but now he realized that he can't even save her. He can't save Marinette. He failed her.

"No" His soft whispered remained silent to the others. A tear dropped from his eye, found its way down his cheek and onto the solid ground beneath them. His sparkling watery eyes were the only thing lightening the gloomy mood he was in. His fists tightened. He tried to keep his cries and tears inside himself. However, while resisting that, he was shaking and trembling. Everyone knew what he was experiencing . It was heartbreak. His hopelessness swallowed his courage to speak up. Or even argue with Bunnix for that matter.

She took a step closer and hugged him. "It's not too late though. You can fix things. If you come with me." She asked again.

Well it's not like he had a choice now. This had to be done. He had to fix things. He wiped his eyes to remove any residue of his tears and looked up with courage once again.

"Alright then. Where to?"

"That's the mini cat i know. Come with me. All of you. Except for YOU." She pointed at Hawkmoth and Nathalie. "You guys caused enough trouble for the day." She turned to her side and opened up another portal.

"We just have one last stop to make before the big fight." She finished.

"Why?" Rena asked in confusion.

"One, to let your kwamis recharge their powers of course. And two, we're going to bring in an old friend." She replied with a smile on her face.

The heros exchanged looks at each other until they realized what (or should I say 'who') she meant. As soon as that confusion was out of the way, the heros stepped inside the portal with new found hope in saving Paris and their former friend.

Idk if there are any errors or not. I haven't rechecked it yet. 10 points to Gryffindor if you can guess who's the 'old friend' Bunnix mentioned.