Chapter 10 (B): What if?

Okay so this is the other version i talked about.
The reason why it's different from the previous version is that remember when Hawkmoth told Vexer to let Adrien go and ordered the akuma to leave her bag? Well... What if that didn't happen? Or atleast not how Hawkmoth planned it. Let's continue from where Vexer was choking Chat.

A butterfly's outline appeared on Vexer's face. "Well done." A mysterious voice was heard. Followed by a slow clap. If you'd listen carefully you could hear it. "Now that Chat Noir has used his cataclysm, taking his miraculous should be a piece of cake. You know what to do now." "Yes Hawkmoth." Was her reply. She reached out here hand and Chat came flying towards her. She cupped her hand on his neck and started choking him. Then she used her free hand to reach for his ring.

Everyone was in shock. Chat was their last line of defense and his life was literally being choked out of him. When Vexer's hand finally reached his ring, she slowly began to slide it off his finger. "P-pl... please." Was the only sound he could utter. Vexer looked at him for a moment and smiled. "Hawkmoth will be pleased." Then came back to taking the ring off. As soon as the ring was at the tip of his finger, a bright green and white light flashed. And it was blinding.

As soon as it was over, there stood Adrien who was being choked by Vexer. Everyone stared at him blankly. "Huh!? Adrikens!" Chloe gasped. "No way!" Lila exclaimed. "A teen fashion model as a cheesy superhero? Are you kidding me? What the hell?" These questions were being whispered and discussed everywhere in the playground. Except for Vexer. She just smiled. Holding the black piece of victory in her hands.

Hawkmoth gasped. "Let him go!" He ordered angrily.
"No." She replied.
"No?" He questioned.
"Yup. I'm not gonna stop. Not now. When I'm so close." She said while tightening her grip.
"I told you to take his Miraculous. Not his life. Let him go...NOW!" He said furiously.
"Easy there little butterfly. Since when did you care about anyone's life? You just wanted the ring. By ANY means necessary. That was your goal." She grinned.
"Did you forget who gave you these powers? I did. And i am taking them back. Come to me my akuma." He commanded. But to his suprise, nothing happened. The akuma was still there. Vexer was still there. Adrien was still dying.

Nino couldn't take this anymore. He ran towards Vexer. Since she was clearly distracted by the voice in her head, it wasn't hard for him to push her to the side letting Adrien slip out of her bare cold hand and onto the hard ground. "Dude!" Nino fell. He put his ear on his chest. Thank God he's still alive. He rocked the blond kid's body. "Adrien... Wake up. We gotta get you out of here". The entire class took steady steps towards the two friends.

Meanwhile, Vexer got up. "You didn't seem to care what i was doing to the others. Why does Adrien suddenly matter to yo- oh! I see." She grinned. "It all makes sense now." She tried to restrain herself but that was in useless. She had to laugh it out. "What is this? Why didn't my akuma obey me? Why is it still with her?" A million questions were in Hawkmoth's mind but they were interrupted by Vexer. "I'm coming for you Hawkie. You'll be sorry you even tried to take the akuma back. It's mine now." Her eyes gazed. Hawkmoth was at unease. This is perhaps the first time in history he's actually afraid. Not only does someone know his identity, that someone is also coming his way.

Vexer ran out of the school and disappeared into the narrow streets. "This is bad!" Alya said pulling her hair.
"What-why? She's gone." Chloe stated.
"and... Th... that's the prob... lem." Everyone exchanged looks to find out who said that. It was Adrien. He's alive. He didn't pass out or anything. But he was too tired to answer when Nino was crying his name and begging him to stand up.
"Adrien- are you ok?" Rose was concerned.

"No. I'm not. She's gone. Upto God knows what. I have to find her and stop..." He tried to get up but couldn't gather up the energy to lift his body. He grunted and turned to his side. Taking support from the ground.
"Okay, so what's our next move?" Nino questioned while helping the blonde kid up.
"Not 'our'. Just mine."
"No way. You can't even get up on your own. What makes you think you can face her?"
Nino scolded. Adrien nodded no.
"It's my fight".

Miss Bustier joined the argument.
"Nino's right Adrien. Marinette's become too dangerous. If it wasn't for Nino, she would have killed you with her bare hands. Who's to say she wouldn't try to do that again?" She cried.
"But Miss... I'm Chat Noir. Stopping Marinette is my job. I was only holding back before because I was waiting for Ladybug to show up. But now, I know for sure she's not coming. So I won't back down now."

"Where is she anyway?" Kim asked.
"I don't know. But the last time I talked to her, she wasn't herself. She's dealing with her own problems right now. " He replied.
"But how are you even going to fight her? She took your Miracul-"
"Actually, it's right here." Alya picked up the ring that was lying on the ground and gave it to it's rightful owner.

"Wait... Why is the ring here? Wasn't she supposed to give it to Hawkmoth?" Chloe questioned.
"Hmm... Maybe he has other plans?" Alix suggested.
"But he was so focused on getting the miraculouses. Why stop now?" Max asked.
"Something just doesn't make sense." Alya said.

I think I might have all the answers you're looking for." Cried a voice unfimiliar to them (well most of them anyways). They shook their heads and found Master Fu standing behind them. His face was completely pale. He looked scared, but also fearless. He was in tears but also angry. "My nightmare is coming to life." He said.