Chapter 2

Day 1:

  We had been driving for a few hours now and no one had said anything.

  "Is somebody going to tell me what the hell is going on?" I asked frustrated no one explained to me what happened or what the things we saw were.

  "Watch your language," Dean snapped.

  "Oh your one to talk," I replied rolling my eyes.

  "Don't roll your eyes at me," he said looking at me through the rearview mirror.

  Sam sighed, "Both of you need to stop, we have something more important to focus on. There's been an outbreak, basically those things were once people but now they want to eat you and if you get bit you turn into one of them, so be careful."

  "How do we stop them?" I questioned.

  "You have to kill their brain, it's the only way," Dean explained.

  "Cas, have you heard anything through your head radio or whatever it is?" I asked.

  "I believe you call it angel radio and no it's been silent," Cas responded.

  "So what do we do now?" I inquired.

  "Find supplies and then go from there, make sure you keep your gun and knife on you," Dean said.

  The car fell silent again after that.

1 Month In:

  I kicked the dead head down to the ground and then stabbed it in the eye. I continued down the aisle of the gas station and grabbed some more cans of food, bags of chips, other snacks, and candy. The plan is to eat food that will go bad first and save our cans for later, seeing as how we have no idea when this is going to end. It was nice that we only needed to feed three people though.

  I walked over to the coolers and grabbed out as many drinks as I could and put them into the bag I had and then headed back out to the Impala. Sam, Dean, and Cas had also filled bags up with what they could. We all climbed back into the car, in our normal spots. Dean in the driver's seat, Sam in the passenger seat, Cas behind Dean, and me behind Sam. Once all the doors were closed, Dean drove off.

5 months In:

  We pulled into yet another abandoned gas station to find food. Dean and Cas were clearing the building when I heard a woman scream. Sam and I ran in to see the other two pointing their guns at the lady. She had red hair, green eyes, and blood dripping from her side.

  "Did you shoot her!" I exclaimed.

  "No the blood was there when we came in," Cas explained to me.

   "Are you hurt?" Sam asked.

  The woman's eyes darted nervously between the guns pointed at her.

  "Put your guns down," I said.

  "No, she could still be dangerous," Dean responded.

  I rolled my eyes and knelt down beside the woman, "What's your name?"

  "Kate," she answered, barely audible She tried to say something else, but I couldn't understand her.

  I reached into my bag and pulled out a water bottle and gave it to her. She took a couple drinks of it and handed it back to me. 

  "What happened to you," I asked.

  She pulled up the left side of her shirt to reveal a huge bite mark. Dean and Cas put their guns away.