Chapter 6

They took Hershel and moved him onto a bed. The bleeding was out of control and we ran out of supplies. I slipped over to where Cas was watching.

   "Can you help him?" I ask quietly.

   "No, I'm too weak as it is. Even if I could, you know what that would mean.” It would mean revealing our secret. I know Hershel's life is more important, but it would mean risking everything we are building with these people. It had only been two days and I already would hate to lose any of them. A tear rolled down my cheek and Sam pulled me into his side, hugging me. I quickly whipped the tear away as I continued to watch.

   Dean seemed to notice something going on in the cafeteria area where Daryl and T-Dog were and walked into that room. Sam and I shared a look as he followed after Dean.

   Cas ran up to me, ”I can't find Scarlett.”

   ”What do you mean you can't find her?” I asked.

   ”During all the commotion she must have disappeared.”

   ”Okay, um we'll split up to look for her,” I say.

   "What if I turn and attack her?" He whispers.

   I sigh, ”Okay, I'll go, you stay here."

   "I can't let you go by yourself."

   "We don't have much of a choice right now," I say.

   He stared at me for a moment before finally agreeing. I grabbed my knife and gun before slipping away and through the halls of the prison. I took out a few walkers and finally found a door. To my surprise it was unlocked. I slowly entered with my knife at the ready. There was a walker in the corner of the room and it began to walk toward me. I waited until it was close enough and kicked its legs out from underneath of it. I put my foot on its chest and stabbed my knife through its eyeball. "Scarlett.... Scarlett,” I called out through the room. No answer. I closed the door behind me as I kept going.

   I noticed that one of the doors was open and I braced my self as I slowly entered. I heard a gun click as I slowly raised my hands.

  ”Hadley?" The person questioned. I turned to see that it was Carl.

   ”Carl? What are doing in here?"

   ”Getting supplies for Hershel. What are you doing?” he retorts.

   I look around and notice that we're in the infirmary. ”I am looking for Scarlett. She went missing. Does your mom know you're here?"

   "Do your brothers know that you're here?"

   "Kind of. Castiel knows.”

   ”Help me get supplies and then I'll help you look for Scarlett,” he says.

   ”I don't want to waste time. Holler if you need my help,” I reply.

   He stops what he's doing and follows me, "You shouldn't be on your own. Neither of us should."

   We check a few more rooms to no avail. I slump against the wall and bury my face in my hands. I bite my lip to stop myself from crying. I feel Carl sit down beside me.

   "We're going to find her. She couldn't have gotten too far away,” he says softly.

   "That would be comforting if we weren't already far into the prison. I can't lose her, I told her mom we would look after her and now she's gone.” I am unable to hold back the tears any longer as they roll down my cheeks.

   "Hey, don't cry. It's going to be okay. Also, if you cry it'll attract walkers," he says wrapping and arm around my shoulders.

   I giggle a little bit, ”How thoughtful of you.” We both hear slow footsteps coming around the corner and prepare ourselves to attack. I noticed a slight bit of red hair pop out from the corner as Scarlett slowly pokes her head around.