Chapter 13

I was disappointed. I wanted them to stay. I know Rick is our leader, but when you find good people you have to trust them. They could have helped us against this other group. I say goodnight to Sam, Dean, Cas, and Scarlett and head to my cell. Beth is already in there.

   "Can I ask you something?" I say.

   "Sure! What's going on?" She asks.

   "Is Rick going to be okay. I know grief can affect people differently but he seems really rough. And those people, even your dad knew they should've stayed."

   "After my ma died, it took awhile for my dad to move on. He never acted like Rick is but he took his time. Rick's taking his time too, just in his own way," she tells me.

   "When my brothers' mom died, my dad changed into a drill sergeant. He never let them be kids. He was a bit more lenient with me. I don't know if it's because I'm a girl or because he had already given up on being a dad at that point. I'm worried for Carl. I don't want the same thing to happen to him. He's already going through enough as it is."

   "Rick's a good dad. I've known him for awhile now. When it comes down to it, he'll be there for Carl and Judith," she says.

   "I hope you're right."

   "Carl told me you make him feel better and that he's happy you found us," she smirks at me, "Really happy."

   "Why are you making that face?" I ask. She shrugs her shoulders. 

   "No. Absolutely not! Carl and I are not a thing and never will be," I explain.

   "Whatever you say." I grab the pillow off my bed and hit her with it. She gasps and then hits me with hers. We both laugh our asses off.

   The next day we all gather, with the exception of Rick, in the cafeteria. Glenn draws a map of the prison on the floor in chalk.

   "Now you said you found Tyreese's group here? We secured this," Glenn says.

   "He thought he came through here," Carl points to a spot on the map.

   "Means there's another breach," Glenn states, "The whole front of the prison is unsecure. If walkers just strolled in, then it's gonna be cake for a group of armed men."

   "Why are we even so sure he's going to attack?" Beth asks, "Maybe you scared him off."

   "He had fish tanks full of heads. Walkers and humans. Trophies. He's coming," Michonne says.

   "Guys like this don't back down. He thinks we waged war against him. He won't let this go," Dean explains.

   "We should hit him now," Glenn says, "He won't be expecting it. We'll sneak back in and out a bullet in his head."

   "We're not assassins," Carol responds.

   "It's dangerous and a bad idea. He'll be more prepared for us to attack again. We should wait and take him out here where we have the upper hand," Sam says.

   Glenn ignores him and walks over to Michonne, "You know where his apartment is. You and I can end this tonight." Michonne doesn't seem to like the idea.

   "I'll do it myself," Glenn adds. Michonne gives a small nod in agreement.

   "He didn't know you were coming last time and look what happened. You were almost killed. Daryl was captured. And you and Maggie were almost executed," Hershel tries to reason with him.

   "You can't stop me," Glenn says.

   "Rick would never allow this," Hershel replies.

   "You really think he's in any position to make that choice?" Glenn questions.