Chapter 19

It had been a few months since we brought the new people in and we even found some others as well. We had a garden now and some pigs. We managed to fix the fence but recently walkers had been piling up around it. After I told Daryl about the supernatural he didn't seem too shocked. I guess when the dead walked anything was possible. He didn't tell anyone else as far as I know and my family was unaware I told him. I was always told to keep our lives a secret and I didn't want them getting pissed at me...again. Since that day he has been teaching me how to use his bow and track. Some how I think I gained his trust  Beth and I haven't been hanging out as much because she got a new boyfriend and spends most of her time with him. As a result of that I found myself hanging out with Carl more often than not. I don't even know what we do most of the time. I guess we talk and kill walkers but it feels like more than that.

   I walk outside where Dean is getting ready to go on a supply run with Daryl and some of the others.

   "Can I go with you?" I ask giving him puppy dog eyes.

   "No. You're too old for that to work anymore."

   "But it still works when Sam does it," I protest.

   "Sam doesn't need to do it. He's an adult and doesn't need my permission."

   I let a laugh slip out, "Yeah. Sure." He glares at me as Daryl walks up to us.

  "You going?" He asks nodding towards me.

   "I wish but my prison guard here won't let me."

   "There's things for you to do here. Looks like they need help down by the fence killing walkers," Dean says.

   "But that's not as much fun. Daryl wants me to go with you guys."

   "Stayin' out of it," he comments as he walks away.

   I groan, "Fine I'll stay here this time."

   "Thank you."

   "Stay safe," I tell him as I give him a hug.

   "You too. Watch out for the others... especially your boyfriend."

   I smack his arm as I feel my face get hot, "I've told you before he's not my boyfriend."

   "Better not be." I roll my eyes and walk away.

   I walk through the yard just as Michonne is arriving back. She takes out some comics and hands them to Carl.

   She grabs out a Kit Kat bar and hands it over to me, "Don't know if it's still good but I remembered how much you said you missed them once."

   "Thank you! I don't care if it'll going to poison me, I'm eating it," I respond.

   "You're going to share it with me," Carl says.

   "Like hell I am. No chance Grimes."

   "I bet you will."

   "Bet I won't."

   Michonne hands a razor to Rick making a joke about his facial hair and tells us she'll stay around for a little bit. We step out of the way as the other get ready to leave for the run. Michonne decides to go with them. I give a salute to Dean who's watching me from inside the car as they drive off.

   "Want to help me brush the horse?" Carl asks.

   "I would, but I should go help with the walkers on the fence."

   "Come on, you know you'd rather spend time with me," he jokes.

   "Well when you put it like that, I'm definitely not going to help you," I turn to walk to the fence