⁰¹. ᴾʳⁱᵛᵃᵗᵉ ᴱˢᶜᵒʳᵗ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 || 𝘗𝘳𝘪𝘷𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘌𝘴𝘤𝘰𝘳𝘵

   SPARKS SPLASHED UP, HITTING THE BLACK VISOR OF THE WELDING MASK A FIGURE HAD OVER THEIR HEAD. Unbothered by the multiple engineers walking past and going about their business. It almost seemed like she was invincible to their vision. But in actuality, she was just in charge of a lot of engineers within the hangar.

The bustling around her never strayed her attention away from her Pegasus suit. The blowtorch is dangerously close to the small turbojet/rocket engines on the back of the chest plate. The two strap-on stun rockets were finished being modified earlier that day. All she had to do was finish getting these engines onto the torso piece and it would be up and ready to go again.

"Hey, Nova!" A voice called out, catching the girl's attention as she glanced up. Only being able to see the dim silhouette of a figure approaching her work table. Shutting the blowtorch off, she placed it on the table and lifted the welding mask up.

Blinking a few times for her eyes to readjust, she smiled. "What's up, Cooper?" The blonde gave his famous smile as he took a seat on the stool opposite her. Glancing down at her Pegasus suit and smirked, pointing to it in question.

"You're still working on this?" He asked incredulously. "I got that done at, like, 5:30 AM." The girl rolled her eyes and peeled her gloves off her hands as she grabbed her water bottle.

"Yeah, but I'm making sure I got everything ready." She explained, bringing the bottle to her lips. Humming when feeling the cold liquid hit the back of her throat.

She'd lost track of time whenever it came to her working. From her working on her Pegasus suit, commanding the people in the hangar to their jobs, then going on Air Patrols with Cooper. It was multiple hours of work with multiple responsibilities a day that the idea of rest or even normal day expectations was abnormal. So, keeping track of the time wasn't one of the thoughts at the front of her mind. But that was what she signed up for when she was approached with the job. She knew that this was what her life would be like, especially when her Stepfather was her boss.

Lowering the bottle, she wiped her mouth with the back of her hand. Pointing at Cooper as she said, "And I would much rather prefer not being grounded because I messed up with my systems." She reminded, a smirk on her face when the blonde raised his hands in hysterics.

"That was one time okay! My left engine cut out, but that wasn't my fault."

Nova only replied with a smile as he ran his hands down his face. "It was just a stupid miscalculation from me. I didn't balance out the distribution of the energy into the engines properly. A rookie mistake." He grumbled, holding his head in his hands.