¹⁹. ᵂʰᵒˡᵉ ᴺᵉʷ ᴸⁱᶠᵉ ᵀᵒ ᴳʳᵒʷ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 || 𝘞𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘦 𝘕𝘦𝘸 𝘓𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘛𝘰 𝘎𝘳𝘰𝘸

"IS THIS LINE ENCRYPTED?"

Nova couldn't contain her laugh. "You take me for a joke, Locke?"

"Just want to make sure you're safe is all. Hard to do that for people nowadays."

"How're things on your end?"

"Made do with an apartment in Scotland. Surviving with what I can get. I also got a dog"

Nova smiled, crossing her arms over her chest with a raised brow. "Oh, you did, now?"

"What do you expect? Got the Government gunning for me. I need some company from time to time," the man sighed on the other end of the phone. "How about you? You and Nat getting somewhere to set up?"

She glanced around, senses on high alert. "Getting there. Still, a few bumps in the road we have to get over. But we'll make it."

"Good. Let me know if you need anything, yeah?"

"Of course. Thank you for risking this for me," she said.

A low chuckle fell from the other end of the line, only widening Nova's smile. "First person and last person from the team I think I'll ever hear that from," he quipped. "I'll call you in a week. Stay safe and don't piss Nat off."

She shut the flip phone and popped open the back. Taking out the battery and encrypted chip, she tossed the device overboard before stuffing the chip in her pocket. Moving quickly in the direction of the vehicle she moved the hem of her shirt over the pistol sitting in the back waistband of her pants, eyes overtly glancing across the rows of cars.

Coming around the Civic, she slipped into the passenger door and shut it with an echoing slam. But it didn't waver Natasha's steely gaze of the port the ship enclosed on. Ready to unload the countless number of vehicles filled with travellers and homesteaders.

"Talk to Booker?" Natasha finally spoke after what had been hours of painful silence.

Nova's face scrunched up as she pulled her pistol out and let it rest on her thigh. Hand hovering over the weapon, fingers twitching with the readiness to open fire on anyone that may be hunting them under the orders of the General.

Sniffling, Nova wiped her nose with the back of her hand. "We both know I can't. Wouldn't do anything but just pull them toward us," she reasoned. "I also just don't want him pulled into this mess because of us."

"I wouldn't stop you if you wanted to," Natasha reassured, glancing at her girlfriend, who could only purse her lips.

As far as it stood, Nova didn't see the likelihood of talking to her brother being a possibility for a while. At least until the drama died down and Nova could move as free as allowed.