6.

Looking through the book wasn't as easy as it looked at first. They had stats below a picture such as their name, age, family, and occupation. But for a few people, there were question marks. You guessed they didn't want to reveal the information.

A few people got stuck in your mind and you had to pick one from them. It was the ones that stood out from the others most. According to the book, their names were Xiao,  Xingqiu, Chongyun, and Zhongli.

"Why them?" "I remember that the friend is a male and always stood out. By their clothing colors, of course. And the design. It was much too fancy for a normal citizen," "Hmm... I think we might need to take some serious measures to find out anything. But at least it's summed up to 4 out of over 200," "Do you know anyone who could help?" 

As expected, he said "Not that I can think of," "Is Liyue far from here?" "Why do you ask?" "There's a possibility I'll meet that friend," "No, it's too dangerous. I will think of something to help you regain memory without you needing to go to Liyue," there wasn't much of a choice since you didn't know how dangerous Liyue actually could be.

"I guess you're right, I haven't been in Liyue for so long. I have no idea what has happened there," you sighed, knowing you won't be able to go to Liyue. At least not this quick. That's when Diluc stopped your thinking. "I have a meeting in Liyue with a friend of mine in about 2 weeks. I guess you could tag along while we're discussing work matters," your eyes lit up at the thought of going back to Liyue. 

"Thank you so much!" You jumped up and down in your seat from the excitement. "It's quite alright. It is my duty to nurse your memory back. After all, I've done this many times, whether it was for young ones or old ones. Now, whenever I go past them in Mondstadt, I get to see their smiles," Diluc smiled at that himself while you listened in awe.

"I'm really glad I can help people out with small things like this. I've never thought I'd smile again after my father's death. But I guess there are better things in life that never fail to make people smile," "I don't think it's a small thing to them. Bringing back memories is hard, especially when they have nothing in their mind," you stated your thoughts.

"It's an amazing thing to be able to help people and make them happy. You're amazing, Diluc. I really wish I could be someone like you. Someone inspiring, someone who's always so helpful," you looked down at the floor, remember how your parents treated you. 

Wait...

YOU REMEMBERED

Diluc's eyes widened as he stared at you. "You are quite the interesting person, Y/n. Everyone's different, but that doesn't mean you're a bad person," "I remembered..." you muttered under your breath. "Hm? What is it that you remember?" "My parents... I remember how they treated me," you lifted your head up. 

"They were all over me at first. They spoiled me rotten. That was before my little sister got born. That's when she started getting all the attention and luxury. My mom started telling me to clean the house while she was away," you took a pause.

"I thought it was normal at first because of the new baby in our family, but it soon became much worse. They started hitting me for every little mistake or sign of disobedience, especially my mom. She always threatened me, my dad didn't really care. He even tried to make my mom understand that I shouldn't be doing all the work and that I'm just a kid, but then she threatened to call the police on both of us. That's when my dad gave up. This abusive behavior from my mom continued for about 2 years before she kicked me out and I ended up here," you told basically your whole life story.

"I'm really sorry you had to go through this, Y/n. At least you're in a better environment now, and I'm glad you're safe here. Even though the knights can't do much, neither can the fatui," Diluc sighed. "It was nice chatting with you, but I've really got more work to do. Please excuse me," the redhead stood up.

"Can I help in any way?" You asked and Diluc stood still for a moment. "You could go help the maids and Kaeya harvest grapes. It's already time," "Okay! But why are there so many?" "That's because the best quality grapes grow in 3 years," "That's long..." You muttered to yourself as Diluc chuckled and left to go to his own bedroom.

You happily hopped out of the winery and went over to Kaeya. "Oh? What are you doing here, Y/n?" "I was gonna help with harvesting," you quickly replied and crouched down next to him. "I'm glad to have more company this year. It gets really boring and I have no idea why I have to help, Diluc doesn't pay me," Kaeya groaned.

"That's right, you pay him," you chuckled. "I never thought about it that way," Kaeya smiled at your remark. "I guess I am a regular customer, but so are Venti and Rosaria. They should also help out, y'know?" He spoke again.

"Or maybe it's because I'm his brother? Still doesn't make sense, we're not even biological!" You listened to the knight ramble as you hummed to yourself, continuing to peacefully collect grapes. "Are you even listening to me?" You looked over to see a pouting Kaeya. "Yeah, continue. It's amusing," you replied.

"Was that sarcasm? Why do you sound like Diluc? Why are you even here? Shouldn't you be in the forest?" He bombarded you with questions, to which you didn't reply. "No way..." A silence floated in the air as Kaeya stopped with curiosity. 

"What?" You got curious about what he was going to say. "Did you?" He hinted, yet you didn't understand. "Did I what?" You tilted your head in confusion. "Did you sleep with Diluc?" A silence fell over you before you burst out laughing.

"Whaaat? I mean, why would you be here? I was just asking, no need to make fun of my assumptions," Kaeya looked at your face until you stopped laughing at his question. "As a matter of fact, I didn't. Why would I? I was brought here yesterday by hunters. They didn't want me living with wolves and I did it to protect my pack too," you explained.

"Oh. That's it?" Kaeya looked disappointed. "You could've said you just wanted to see me," Kaeya got back to his flirtatious personality. You just chuckled and continued to harvest with Kaeya always rambling next to you. This was surely going to be a long day.