13.

Basically a filler chapter for more context about last chapter's ending.

-18 years ago-Yn's POV-

I'm so happy my mom let me have a playdate with Ajax! I love playing with him! He even plays dolls with me! His favorite one is Trisha, he always picks her. "Ax I'm so happy you're here!" I gave him a biiiig hug because I haven't seen him for such a long time.

"Hey n/n, I'm sorry I was away." He hugged back. "Tell me all about it!" I sat down on the blanket in our backyard. "Alright, alright. I will. I got to build huge sandcastles with dad! And I saw a narwhal! They were so pretty! I said I wanted one as a pet but mom said they're too big to keep at home..." The ginger's face held a frown.

"It's okay! When you grow up, you can do that!" "Yeah! And then I went fishing with dad too! I caught a really big fish! He said it was a shark but I didn't believe him, sharks are big and they bite!" I've never seen an ocean, so hearing Ax describe his holiday, I wanted to go even more.

"Y/n, Ajax!" I ran towards where our moms were. "Yes mom?" "Sweetie, I know we haven't had the best holiday this summer, but auntie is going to Mondstadt with Ajax for a week, and we thought maybe you wanted to go too?" I don't know what Mondstadt is, but I want to go with Ax!

"Yes, I want to!" I didn't hear anything from my mom. "Please!" "Alright, you can go. Just listen to auntie and be nice to others. Now go pack your things, you're leaving tomorrow morning." My mom kissed my forehead and I ran to my room, Ax followed me.

"What did you pack?" "My mom packed pajamas and some clothes, and I put in Mr. Narwhal I got from the beach!" I walked to my wardrobe and took out my favorite f/c pajamas and my suitcase mom bought when we were going somewhere. 

Ax unzipped it and I threw a lot of clothes in. I also took my f/a (animal) plushie because I can't sleep without it or I have bad dreams. "Oh! You can take your swimsuit too! I heard my mom say there's a big lake there!" I looked around for my swimsuit and dropped it in as well. 

Ax helped me zip the suitcase up and we took it downstairs together. I hope to have a sleepover before leaving, that would be the best holiday! "Come on, let's go tell your mom!" Ax called me and I went with him.

-Next day-3rd POV-

"Good morning n/n! We're going to Mondstadt soon!" The younger girl was shaken awake by the ginger. "Y/n, you should get dressed. The carriage is ready, I'll give you two breakfast while we're going to Mondstadt." A middle-aged woman smiled in the doorway.

-In Mondstadt-

"Wow! It's so warm here!" The kids both exclaimed, already at the bridge heading into the town. A delightful tune of a lyre immediately hit their ears, making them exclaim happily as the ginger's mother chuckled at the little ones.

Everyone got out of the carriage at the entrance, the older woman greeting the knights. "You can go look around, just come back here once you're done." That were the only words needed for the kids to run off in different directions.

They ran into each other and quickly spoke of what they saw before running off somewhere again. This may have looked like irresponsible behavior, but the kids from Snezhnaya would often be missing, and will still come back in a few days.

They know where and when to go back, and Mondstadt isn't as big, so it'd be easier to find the children. So letting kids explore the place themselves isn't as bad of a thing if you raise them right.

"So I will have this building when I grow up?" A little voice was heard by Y/n's ears. "Haha, of course. It's all yours if you can grow up big and strong." Another voice, this time much deeper. Y/n peeked around the corner to see two redheads, someone like her, and an adult.

Her eyes locked with the tiny garnet-eyed boy. "Hello!" She ran in front of the unknown boy. He hid behind the adult's leg. "Hello, sir!" The little girl looked up at the man. He smiled and greeted back.

"Hello, little girl." He crouched down and brought the boy to be in front of himself. "I'm Crepus, and this is my son, Diluc. What's your name?" He kindly greeted. "It's nice to meet you, I'm Y/n. It's my first time here!" She gave an answer.

"Well, we're glad you're here. Where are your parents?" The man now known as Crepus looked around, searching for the girl's parents. "My mommy isn't here, I'm here with auntie and Ax!" "Well then where is your auntie or Ax?" He cautiously questioned, standing up. 

"Auntie said she was going to eat something, and I don't know where Ax is." She answered with a smile. Her smile faded seeing the man's frown. He picked up the little boy on one arm, and the girl on the other.

"I'll take you to where you're staying, is that alright?" Crepus asked, and Y/n nodded furiously, wanting to look at where she was going to be staying. The three soon entered a carriage, all of them sitting down.

Y/n tried to speak to Diluc, but he didn't answer. So, she didn't bother and thought nothing of it, humming to herself for half the ride as the boy stuck to his father's side. It didn't take long at all to reach the place.

The little girl exclaimed in awe, looking at the huge house. "This is where I'm staying?" She gleefully asked the man. "Yes, and I'm sure Diluc will have plenty of time to warm up. He's a shy kid, give him some time, alright?" He whispered the last sentence into the girl's ear and she nodded.

Little did they know, that at the end of the holiday, Y/n and Diluc had arranged their own 'wedding' before they left. It was almost like a miracle, seeing how they acted at the start. Y/n swore to come back soon to see him before giving the redhead one last hug before disappearing for 17 years, never being forgotten by Diluc.