14.

Diluc stood in his room, kneeling in from of his bedside table, digging through a drawer. He knew what he was looking for, but he didn't know if he would find those exact things.

The redhead's eyes showed a tiny bit of hope and faith, holding the two things from 17 years ago. A necklace, provided by his father on their 'wedding' for both of them. And a tiny red jasper, handed to him by Y/n herself.

He remembered what she said that day, giving this stone to him 'it reminds me of you, keep it!' the girl's enthusiastic personality showed on her face once the boy accepted her gift.

Diluc came back into reality, snapping out of his thoughts. He clutched the two items in his palm, a voice in his mind telling him never to let go. He felt stinging pain in his abdomen when he reached for his chest.

Slowly, the garnet-eyed male put the items on the bedside table and unbuttoned his shirt. He didn't see any blood or injury, but what he did see was a little pentagram right above his v-line.

It looked like regular ink, but ink didn't hurt. And there isn't any ink around. He tried rubbing it, but nothing happened. Diluc was confused, but he decided to let it be and went to bed, tired, confused, angry, and guilty.

~~~

Barbara finished working just 30 minutes later. She slightly grazed your stitched-up stomach. She felt bad, despite not knowing you. She removed her hand, sitting there for a moment. The idol looked around Y/n's body, stopping once she saw a pentagram engraving. 

Her only hope to know what it means was Lisa. Barbara was quick to get to the headquarters library. The young nun explained everything to the librarian in a rush, wanting to know everything related to the mark.

"Well, it can be any kind of symbol. And every symbol has a meaning. Not everyone has it, and not everyone wants it. It connects two people. Physical and mental wise. Whatever pain or emotion one person feels, the other does too. It appears on two people that are meant to be together after a tragedy."

Barbara listened closely to her explanation, and she had just one more question. "What does a pentagram mean?" "Faith. It's a good sign, which means both people have strong faith in each other and anything surrounding them. And might I know why you're asking this?" Lisa finally perked up.

"I finished operating that girl and a pentagram just appeared." She calmly answered her. Lisa chuckled, giving a little "very well" in return. Lisa soon shooed the healer away, not giving any more answers to her questions.

~~~

It's been days since Diluc locked himself in his room, not letting anyone in, not doing any paperwork. He would only lay beneath his bed sheets. His mind not working, emptiness was the only thing that could describe his current state.

He knew he had to go. Diluc's business meeting in Liyue wasn't canceled, yet it wasn't attended. He promised to take Y/n to Liyue and wanted to keep that promise, even if it meant going out of business.

Every letter sent to the redhead was opened, hoping for any news on the girl's recovery. Yet to his disbelief, they were either letters from Kaeya or Angel's Share.

Diluc even thought of not opening the letters, yet his faith was still strong. As you would guess, receiving a letter from the cathedral made his eyes shine like garnet stones.

He stared at it for a moment, hoping for any signs of recovery. If that letter told him to go to the depths of the chasm, he would do it for your sake.

Anytime today, cathedral basement.

That was all the letter said. Yet it made his dull mind start working in a positive way again. Of course, he rushed out of Dawn winery. Diluc ran just like last time.

-------

Short chapter, yes

Haven't been able to do anything lately bc of school and stuff as well as recovering from tracheitis rn but hopefully I'll be able to get a linger chapter next time :)