9.

You woke up the next day only to see the brightest light ever shining at your face. You rubbed your eyes and sat up to cover the window up with curtains. After you did that, you fell down on your back again.

You sighed and rolled around to face the wall, but heard a chuckle coming from your doorway and sat straight up as fast as you could. Your eyes went wide, completely waking you up. You relaxed when you made the figure out to be Diluc.

"It's already 1 pm." Diluc looked at your messy hair, smirking. "Is it that late already? Razor would usually wake me up at 5 am..." You thought out loud. Diluc walked inside your room and sat down on the chair in front of the desk and faced you.

"You did well yesterday. That's why you slept in for so long." You could now see his features more clearly. He had dark circles under his eyes, and his hair was let loose, not in a ponytail like usual. He didn't have his fancy outfit on too, instead of that it was just a black button-up and some black jeans, held up by a belt.

"What's with this new look?" You thought out loud again. "This? It's nothing, I gave the maids to have some time off, so I don't have to be so formal and strict. Today is sort of a festive day in Mondstadt. I don't celebrate it, so I thought about doing something with my wardrobe today. Why, does it not look good?" Diluc grinned with the last comment.

"No, no! I didn't mean it in a bad way! I like it." You weakly smiled, still a bit drowsy. "When did you wake up?" You got curious. "I guess I slept in too today. I woke up around an hour ago. Just because I told the maids to take a break when you fell asleep on the sofa yesterday." He leaned back into the chair.

"I fell asleep on the sofa? Seriously?" You deadpanned at the stupid action you had done. "You did." "Then why am I in my bed?" "I carried you up." Your face flushed a light tint of pink. "I'm sorry! You shouldn't have done that." You groaned at the embarrassing event. 

"It's nothing. You were actually very light, I was afraid to drop you from not feeling anything in my arms." Diluc mentioned, to your disbelief. "Don't lie, I couldn't have been that light..." You responded as Diluc chuckled.

"I'm not lying. If you'd like to see why, I would gladly invite you to my room." You smiled and got up. "Sure." You tried calming down from this once-in-a-lifetime chance. Diluc grinned at your smile to his offer, getting up himself and leading you from across the hallway. 

"Isn't this your office?" You looked around to see a square room with a desk full of papers, a picture of someone on the wall, and a tall lamp on the floor, accompanied by a rug. "That's just what it looks like. It's specifically designed this way." Diluc explained, nearing a wall to the left.

You watched as he pushed the wall to the side, it looked a lot like a folding screen. You turned back to Diluc and the actual room part of his office. It wasn't very flashy or anything, but it definitely was a fancy bedroom compared to yours.

A wooden double bed with black covers placed around the middle line of the room, headboard to the wall. Tiny square tables on either side of the bed, each accompanied by a short lamp. A window on the left wall, just like yours, except it was pointing in a different direction. Dark wood bookshelves around the window as well as a pretty large wardrobe. 

You turned back to Diluc who was now sitting on the neatly made bed and noticed another picture hanging above the bed. It looked like a tiny version of the red-head, but apart from that, a tiny bird on his forearm. You smiled at the picture and turned around to find a thick metal wall rack.

That wall rack wasn't anything surprising, but the thing laying on it was. A claymore with great design. Black and red in colors, engravings on the handle like none other. The rack was about waist height and you put your hands around the handle. 

"Hey, careful now. It weighs a lot." Diluc watched your eyes trace his weapon. You were too invested in its beauty and didn't hear what he said as you gently lifted the claymore up. You held the handle and took it off the metal surface. 

Diluc got up, ready to catch his claymore and you from falling. You kept the weapon held upwards from your waist by the handle. Diluc stopped and crossed his arms. "So you can hold a claymore, huh?" He lifted an eyebrow.

"Don't underestimate me, I'm strong too you know." You huffed at his comment and tilted the weapon gently downwards, careful to not scratch the wooden floor. "Can you swing it though? That's a question that needs to be shown, not answered." Diluc chuckled and looked at you.

"Of course I can! I just don't want to destroy your room..." You pouted and placed the claymore back on the rack. "We'll see about that." He made a remark as you tackled him to the floor, gently hitting his chest as to show you aren't that weak.

"Okay, okay, I get it." He chuckled again, brushing his red hair out of his eyes from your playful attacks. He smiled looking at you as you laughed. You hadn't even realized you were laying down on him at that point.

It's the first time you've had so much fun with someone other than Razor. You sighed and closed your eyes. You felt a big hand land on your head and play with your hair. you looked up, placing your chin on Diluc's chest. You saw his gentle smile and a tiny yet strong sparkle in his eyes that made you happy. 

You rolled off of him on the floor beside him. You turned your body to face his, laying on your side. "How long are the maids gone for?" You asked. "About 15 days. That's how long the festival lasts." He answered your question, still staring up into the ceiling of his room.

"So I'll get to see you like this for half a month?" You excitedly smiled. Diluc turned around and smiled back at you before answering. "I guess so." He reached out a hand to pat your head as you just grinned like an idiot.