Chapter 12 - Unexpected Priorities

[You weren't expecting this, were you? Well hey, someone very dear to me REALLY wanted this chapter and I promised so here we go. I almost left here for AO3... sorry! I'm gonna focus less on Edd's race because by now you get the point. I just love Thailand. ANYWAY~]

Edd laid curled up in his own bed, staring at the clock on his nightstand. The expression on his face was almost a smile, but he was too ashamed to let himself be that happy about what he and Kevin had done. He still had thirty minutes before he had to head off to school, so he got up, got dressed, and started his morning hygiene routine.

He didn't notice until he was brushing his teeth that he had multiple marks and bruises (commonly referred to as love-marks and hickies) on his neck and collar bones. "Oh my lord," he mumbled to himself, rinsing out his mouth before leaning in close to the mirror. He had no idea what to do about this, so he ran downstairs and grabbed the phone.

After five rings, "Yellow?" came Nazz's voice from the other line.

"Nazz, I need advice," Edd said, trying to sound casual. He was about to have to explain this to Nazz, and possibly how they'd gotten there if she asked.

"'Sup Double D?" She asked, and Edd just knew she was leaning on the wall, about to leave for school, because he'd seen her do this many times before.

"Well, I..." he paused and took a breath, chuckling to himself nervously, "It's kind of hard to explain... But... I need to hide something and I'm not sure what the best option is."

Nazz laughed, "Didn't kill anybody, did you Double D? Listen, if you have a zit, I-"

"No, it's not that.."

"Hickies?"

"Well-"

"OH MY GOSH DOUBLE D! You and Kevin...? You finally...? Oh man. I didn't think you'd do it so soon. Wow."

"Please, Nazz, I need your help." Edd was probably as red as his shirt.

"Okay, okay!" She squealed, took a deep breath, and continued, "Got a scarf?"

"Not one that would be appropriate for the season... Well, I have one that mother knitted but I don't particularly feel comfortable-"

"I'll bring one, just... Jesus, when were you gonna tell me?"

"Honestly never, but I didn't really have a choice."

"Whatevs, you're totally impressed with yourself aren't you? I bet he is. Oh my god, Double D..."

"Let's not dwell on it!" He said hurriedly, "I'll be on my way to school now, so if you could please meet me at the bus stop with the scarf..."

"Sure thing, Non-Virgin, I'll bring some concealer and stuff too if you're okay with that."

"Whatever it takes," he was blushing now, thinking of the lengths he'd have to go to hide what he and Kevin had done. He wasn't really ashamed, persay, but he didn't feel like having it advertised for everyone to see.

He hung up the phone and pulled his shoes on without untying them first, which was uncomfortable enough to remind him why he never did it this way. I am never, ever, ever going to tell Kevin about this, he thought as he stepped outside, his shoulders raising instinctively in case anyone might look in the general direction of his neck.

"Hey Edd," Kevin said to his right, and Edd almost cursed.

He turned to face his boyfriend, who was staring at his neck with a look of mingled confusion and amusement.

"Oops," Kevin said as if it didn't really matter much to him, "How're you gonna play that off?"

"Nazz-"