Chapter 7 - When Your Life Isn't Private Anymore...

((* If this is disappointing, sorry. It's kind of shorter and not as good as I wanted it to be since I'm trying to keep on a not-so-established schedule. The next one will be longer. I PROMISEEE :$ *))

"What do we do?" Edd asked Kevin as they sat in the kitchen. Ed left hours ago, now it was almost..what, 10:00?

Kevin sighed, his face was stricken with guilt and worry, "Hell, I don't know. No matter what we do, no one will believe us. We just have to keep denying it, we're telling the truth anyway."

Edd leaned forward on the bar stool, laying his head on the island counter, "We'll be questioned at school tomorrow by the principal, the counselor, possibly even our own teachers. It will be so humiliating! On our first day back from winter vacation, we've been accused of something so..."

"What if they get desperate and try doing DNA tests?! In us!!" Kevin said histerically, laughing his ass off, but not literally.

"Don't say things like that!"

"You're the one they'd test first, no offense."

Edd sat up, "Ah! You're so-!" Edd groaned (grauuh!) and punched Kevins shoulder.. weakly. "You don't understand this situation at all, do you!?"

"I do, but we didn't do anything wrong, so they'll let us off the hook after a while. Even if we get detention, who cares?" Kevin stood up from the stool and went over to the sink, pulling the hose-like faucet up to his mouth and turning the water on.

"Clean up your mess when you finish with your drink..." Edd mumbled, giving up on the previous conversation, and thinking that his instruction was for not. It sort of wasn't though, Kevin heard him, and he was gonna clean up the water that was getting all over the floor (oops).

"It's getting late, isn't your mother expecting you to be home?" Edd asked. His eyes felt heavy, and it wasn't like he really wanted Kevin to leave, but he was so tired.

"I don't have a mom," Kevin mumbled as he bent over with a handful of paper towels to clean up the water, "you know that."

"I'm so sorry. I always forget..."

"Don't worry about it. And no, no one is expecting me to be back. My dad was already drunk when I was home earlier, I'm not interested in seeing the state he's in right now."

"So, what, you've invited yourself to sleep over?" Edd felt a tingle of excitement in his cheeks and chest when he said that. Kevin sleeping over? At my house? For real!!

"It's not like I can walk out of your house this late at night, if someone saw me now, you know what they'd think, plus, it seems to me like you don't have much of a problem with it." Kevin felt that same excitement when he said that. No, he thought, I don't want people to think that, I don't! It stresses Double D out... But did he want people to think that? To think that he might be the only person in the world who's seen Edd in such a state, touched him like that, maybe even seen him without that hat? Ed and Eddy probably had seen him with the hat off, and his family, but no one else. No! No no no! I don't want people to think it, not even when we really do something like that, if we ever do... Kevin knew that something like that would be extremely special and top-secret. Something for only his and Edd's ears and eyes, minds and hearts... Ew, he was really thinking of fluffy cute crap!? Wasn't this about sex just like five seconds ago?!

"You're sleeping on the floor," Edd mumbled, yawing.

"The floor? What is this?"

~'°'~

Once he was really in bed, and Kevin was really on the floor beside it, Edd wanted Kevin to be up there snuggling with him. Seeing Kevin down there, unable to sleep or get comfortable, he felt guilty. "Kevin?" he whispered, seeing Kevins figure turn over in the dark, but he couldn't see his face or any other details.