Chapter 4

^^what I imagine Molly looks like

Ethan's POV

I'm on my way to lunch but because I'm late, 8th period has already started so I'm basically the only person in the hallway. It's just lunch so it doesn't matter if I'm late.

Turning a corner, I almost bumped into someone for the second time today. They didn't even realize we almost hit. Wanting to know who it is, I turned around and I got a closer look and realized it's none other than Echo. She has spaghetti all over her and it looks like she was holding back tears. I'm guessing she was coming from the lunch room. Well now I know apparently we have lunch together. Shaking off the feeling to follow her and ask if she's okay, I head to lunch instead. Immediately when I walk in I see spaghetti on the floor near Molly and her minions table.

What the hell happened in here?

I see all my friends waving me over, so I smile and wave while making my way over to them. I'm on the football team so I'm really popular. The guys I sit with in lunch include Jace, Mason, Daniel, Alex, Henry, and Elijah. They are my closest friends, we've known each other since middle school.

I'm still confused on what happened here, so I decided to ask them.

"Hey guys! Uhm why is there spaghetti all over the floor by Molly?" They all glance at each other and start laughing while I am just sitting here awkwardly, but they don't seem to realize. The only one of them who isn't laughing is Jace. We all think he has a crush on Echo, but he won't admit it. This might be more evidence to our suspicion, if the reason they are laughing is even Echo. Which I'm guessing it is. I clear my throat to get their attention and make a face that says 'i don't know what's so funny please explain.'

Daniel decides to speak up. "You know your sister Echo?" I nod. "And how she gets bullied by Molly and her minions?" I nod again, warily. "Actually instead of explaining it, just watch this video someone took and posted." I'm a bit worried about this video... what did Molly do?

Once I was done watching the video I was kind of shocked. I didn't know it got this bad. Was Molly the one who gave Echo that bruise on her face this morning?

No, Ethan stop! You shouldn't care! She killed your mother, remember?!

No matter how much I want to not care, I do, but I have to play it off like I don't care. Even though they could probably tell I was shocked, I manage to let out a laugh. They look skeptical but move on nonetheless. Oh god Echo, I hope your okay...

Echo's POV

Thank god the Barbie bitches aren't in my last class, English. Otherwise I don't think it would have went by so smooth. Yes, I did get a ton of weird and mean looks but it's nothing I'm not used to. I don't know if I could have taken any more comments from the Barbie bitches.

I stopped at my locker just long enough to grab my books and not a second more. I want to get out of here. Beginning my walk home, I think over the day. Why did Ethan look at me with pity? He hasn't done that since our mother died when he and father blamed me for her death.

I guess it's about time I tell you how my mother died. Well... on March 13th after she picked me up from middle school, I asked her if we could go get some ice cream. She said yes but only because I got a 100 on my math test and she was proud. I was so excited. We chatted the whole way there, I told her all about school that day. Everything was fine the whole way there. We got our ice cream, ate it, and talked more. She got mint chocolate chip and I got chocolate cookie dough, it was delicious. On our way back is where things went wrong. We were laughing so hard that we didn't see the other car coming. We were hit head on by a drunk driver. My mom died on impact, I was severely injured and went into a coma but eventually recovered. My dad and brother said it's my fault she died because if I hadn't asked for ice cream we wouldn't have got in that accident.