Athanasia's Lingering Feelings

Though Athanasia is shown to be skilled in politicals and handles things professionaly, it's high likely that most nobles won't support her. It is largely because of her bloodline. Her mother, the dance, Diana, was known to be a commoner, while Jeanette's mother, the lady of Count Judith, Penelope Judith.

The Judith countdom has yet to meet their fall, so their power was still considerably affective. Most nobles don't really care which of the two of them have more intellingence, the only qualification for them to support either princess is if one of them have a powerful family backing them.

"And that's where the problem come kicking in..." Athanasia mumbles while doing the paper works in Claude's stead.

"Pardon?" Lily, who was there, asked Athanasia, if she called her or something.

"Ah! No, no! I was just talking to myself, Lily don't have to care about it!" Athanasia flustery denies. "Oh, right. Lily, can you please tell the chef to make some chocolate pudding? It's been a while since I've ate it..." Actually, it has only been 2 days since she has eaten a lots of chocolate pudding.

Lily giggles, "Yes, of course. I'm sure the chef is more than happy to make more for you." and she left the room.

Athanasia stretches her stiffen arms which have been sore due to her sitting in one position for a while. It's new year, meaning that there is more works to do, the nobles council's new suggestions for new projects, their complains, banquets, military and others.

Usually, if the Emperor or Empress fallen ill, the works will be divided to the princes or princesses who are capable. Or it will be trusted to the officers who are trust-worthy and capable. It is rare for only one prince or princess to do all of the work alone.

But none of the current officers are trust-worthy enough to the paper works, they are all spies planted by the nobles to keep the Royal family in check. And Jeanette isn't capable enough.

'How do I get the support of the nobles in the North?' The nobles in the North values bloodlines more than the actual capabilities. So they will most likely support Jeanette to be the Crown Princess.

Athanasia has proven her capabilities those very past weeks, and the nobles council seems to be slowly approved her of it. The thing is, Duke Alpheus.

He has a strong impact on the nobles of the capital as well in his territories, it is undoubtly that he raised Jeanette to be the Empress so he can place his son, Ijekiel, as the Emperor so their house gains more power.

'I struggled a lot in the past because of him...But...I have not only one, but two Aces in my hands now.' Athanasia thought, smirking.

She was talking about Cecilia and Madam Helena. Cecilia is from the Alius Grand Duchy and she is the Grand Duke Alius' successor. Madam Helena doesn't have such high-rank status, however, in the high-society, no one can par with Madam Helena when talking about influence.

A family that is only second to the Royal family, a person who has even more influence than the emperor, isn't that just a win-win for Athanasia?

She can easily make Duke Alpheus inferior with the help of the Alius grand duchy and Madam Helena, however, the nobles of the North is still a huge problem.

'Haah...If mom turns out to be someone of an important bloodline, I could easily win their favor and support..' But Athanasia shook off that idea. 'No, no, that just seems like I'm blaming it all on the woman gave me everything, that's bad.'

Athanasia respected and feels hugely debted to Diana, her mother, for giving birth to her at the exchange of her very own life. She might have never met her mom, but sometimes, she could feel her mother's warmness whenever she think of her that even brought Athanasia to tears.