Chapter 8

I open my eyes and look for the clock on my night table. 12:30. God I haven’t woke up this late in ages. At least I am on my pyjama and there’s no one besides me. But I can’t remember anything about last night, I must drink a lot because I can’t even remember how I got in bed. I’ve got a terrible hangover…I am feeling like a fucking teenager. A green led flickers incessantly in my phone, which means new messages…

The most recent message was of Tom Green. Who is this Tom Green? It says:

Tom: Good morning Karlie. I hope you’ve slept tight, have a nice day.

I open his profile picture. A very good-looking guy was on it. Blonde and blue/green eyes with a bright smile. I probably met him yesterday. Candice is my answer since I realize I’ve got three messages from her.

Candice: Someone is going to have a lovely hangover tomorrow/ Girl you were so wasted at the end/ I’ve missed that Karlie.  I hope you are okay, I love you.

I decide to call her so I can get more answers. Two beeps are enough for her to answer the phone.

‘Good morning, Miss Cosmopolitan.’

‘We need to talk. Well in fact, I’m expecting you to tell me everything that happened yesterday. Who is this Tom Green? What the fuck did I drink? How did I get home?’

‘Hey Candice, how are you? I’m fine, thanks. I didn’t know you were now in CSI’ we both start laughing and then I wait till Candice begins to talk. ‘Okay, so…we got in the club, then you asked for like 6 Cosmopolitan, you met this guy, shag with him in the bathroom and he took you home.’

What the fuck? I need to process this. After few seconds in silence, Candice talks again. ‘Karl, are you okay? I was just kidding.’

‘I’m going to kill you Candice Davey. You better tell me now the truth or you won’t get to your wedding.’

‘I would have paid thousands of pounds to see your face in that moment. We got in the club and you ordered 6 Cosmopolitan, that’s true. One of the times you were asking for it in the bar, this guy started talking to you and then his friends joined us. He seemed nice. And no, don’t worry, you didn’t fuck, you didn’t even kissed. And yes, he got you home. You don’t really remember anything?’

‘Nope…like nothing. And this morning I got a message from him…’

‘Well, maybe you can ask him what happened between the two of you after the club. I don’t think he tried to take advantage from you or something like that.’

It’s almost 13:00. I have to pick Acker up from his grandparents.

Candice, I’m sorry I have to hang up. I must pick Acker up. We talk later okay? Bye.’

"

I put my hair into a ponytail and some coats of mascara, little bit of blush, gloss and I am ready. I change my pyjama into high waisted jeans with black boots and a light pink blouse. Very typical Karlie’s look. It takes me 20 minutes to get to Imogen and John’s place. I park my blue Mini and ring the bell.

‘K-Karlie, what a surprise…I thought you would come later…’ Imogen opens the door with a surprised/worried face.

‘Yeah, I am sorry I didn’t you call before coming but I didn’t want to bother you with Acker and that stuff. Is something w- ?’

‘MUMMYYYY!!!!’ my son suddenly screams and runs towards me from the hall.

‘Hello my little boy.’ I start giving him kisses all over his face and he starts laughing almost shouting.