Chapter 16

"Remember that tomorrow is taking place the massive conference of journalism in our auditorium. The dress code for girls is different this time, you need to wear black trousers and a white blouse (jeans nor skirts aren't allowed). Dress code for boys is the same as always. Members of Reception will be needed to welcome the attendees at the auditorium doors, providing water bottles, a schedule and any information they will need"

'Shit. I completely forgot about it and now it seems we have to do extra job.... We aren't allowed to wear skirts...how I am supposed to find my future husband?' Sally, my co-worker, says after reading the announcement that our boss has left us this morning.

'Don't worry. I'm sure you will find one. Just display your cleavage, babe. Or you could give them your number instead of the water bottle.' I say kidding making her laugh.

'Yeah, for you it's easy  because you're married.'

'Well...technically I'm...yes. I'm married.' I don't know why I'm still wearing the ring and so does Ed. 'We're done here for today. I see you tomorrow girl.'

At least this is the last week before I'm on holidays, tomorrow will be the last day and finally I will spend time with my son.

Next morning I get to the hotel one hour earlier to start preparing all the stuff, placing it in two big tables, one for Sally and the other one for me. About 300 people are coming and it is 9am when the first people arrive. I welcome them, give them the program of the conference and the water bottles.

Half an hour later I see familiar faces but for a moment I can't recognize them. They are surprised to see me and seconds later I understand why. They are Ed's co-workers. I greet them with a smile handing them the water bottle and the program. I remember having dinner a few times with some of them. I know that Ed will show up at any moment.

There he is. With Rose. So he's officially shagging his co-worker. He's still surprised to see me and looks me up and down very quickly. The way he looks at me and bites his lower lip makes me feel aroused. He's wearing a black shirt with black jeans and Rose is stunning as always. Her 15cm heels makes me feel like a hobbit.

After being finished with giving the stuff to at least 400 people, Sally and I go to our place, Reception, to keep with the work. It's almost the break lunch when we hear one of the auditorium's doors. To my surprise I see a ginger head coming towards the reception.

'Good morning sir. Do you have any reservation?'

'No. I would like to stay one night if that's possible.'

'Let me check. Yes, it is. Single or double room?'

'Single room and standard, please.' I look at him, surprised, rising one of my eyebrows. He was supposed to stay with Rose.

'I need your name, please.'

'Oh, c'mon K. You already know all that silly stuff.' He says impatiently.