Prologue

"I am leaving", The man said smiling excitedly at his wife who had a sullen expression. She nodded.

"I... take care" Those were the only words she managed to utter as he turned around.

"I will," He said walking towards the door then stopped midstep. Turning around he asked his wife, "Do you wish for something?"

"No," She said, when he reached the door a whisper was heard.

"Love me one day?"

****
In the early 19th century when child marriages were common, Jia a ninth-grader was married to Adeel who was three years senior to her. The problem was that they were opposites and his heart already belonged to someone else. Someone more mature, educated and caring compared to his child bride. His heart hardly swayed and Jia despite knowing the truth fell for him. A broken woman can be powerful. The story revolves around how a non-career driven housewife changed when life tested her.

#Strong female characters

****

Hooked?

Just completed The Unwanted Rose. And many people loved it so I decided to write a book that's more complex than TUR. And hopefully better than it in terms of plotline, writing skill and character development. Wish me luck as it will not be an easy job!

(Writer's initial thoughts before writing the book:

'Love me one day' is a novel set in the 19th century, based on  Ray's grandmother, Jia. A woman who went from rags to riches on her own in the early 19's, when women empowerment was merely a faraway thought.)