Chapter 9

"What the hell?" Raine cursed out loud as Hasan broke the news to her. She slid to the ground hearing the news, her heart beating loudly as the weight of his words crushed her.

"I don't want to be married", She muttered again and again to herself trying to comfort her. Hasan ignored her words and passed the glass filled with water to her. She looked up at him and he too started shedding tears his anxiety breaking him infront of her. Both of them had a mental breakdown infront of each other crying softly not stopping the tears from falling out. They spent the evening crying and falling asleep on the floor.

Their eyes flew open when it was dark outside. Dinner was already served and finished.

"I am hungry", Raine complained loudly. Hasan smiled at her and she noticed those dimples for the second time. She blinked as he brought out the rice kettle from his cupboard and maggi pack.

Then he folded his sleeves back making his bangs fall on his eyes which made Ray flush for a second. How was this idiot looking so handsome all of a sudden? She said out loud.

Which Hasan heard making him hide a smile as he walked towards her after covering the lid of the rice kettle. He towered over her and blinked his lashes animatedly at her passing her a dimpled smile which made her eyes widen.

"Errr ...What are you doing?" She asked closing her eyes trying to shoo him away. She felt ashamed of openly drooping over this stupid man.

"Wife you can admire me as much as you want. I belong to you anyway", He teased winking at  the blushing girl who shook her head full of all the dirty thoughts and pushed him away. Walking towards the kettle she pulled away the lid and tasted the soup as the maggi cooked up smiling as the flavour hit her tongue.

"I wanna taste it too", The annoying voice said from behind her. She groaned and took out the spoonful of soup from the hot maggi. Turning around  she saw him gazing at her with soft eyes making her shudder. Her cheeks flushed as he came closer and lifted her hand which had the spoon to his mouth. He copied her actions and groaned making her feel too  self aware.

He was still clutching her hand as she glared at him. Then his expression hardened and he came closer to her.

She closed her eyes as she felt his arms on her shoulders and then heard the click of the kettle. Embarrassed at last Raine  escaped into the balcony to disappear from his sight.

A few minutes later the door opened and a plate of maggi slid in. Raine smiled as her heart swooned. She scolded herself for being this weak and started devouring the tasty meal. As she slurped the last bite she heard a voice singing.

Curiously she heard him humming and his voice singing the beautiful melody.

Woh achanak aagayi yuh nazar ke saamne jaise nikal aaya ho ghata se chand,
Chehre pe zulfe yu bikhri hui si,
Din m raat hogyi...

Ek ajnabi haseena se yu mulakat hogyi,
Fir kya hua ye na pucho kuch aisi  baat ho gyi,
Jaaneman jaaney jigar hota mai shaeer magar,
Kehta gazal teri adaaon par,
Maine ye kaha toh,
Mujhse khafa woh hogyi...

Raine completed the melody with him.

Ek ajnabi haseena se yu mulakat hogyi,
Fir kya hua ye na pucho kuch aisi  baat ho gyi...

Smiling sweetly she came out of the balcony and clapped softly showing her appreciation he nodded thanking her silently with his eyes. His dimpled cheeks announced it's presence and melted her heart a little. She took the dishes and the kettle to wash as Hasan continued to hum. Soon she exited and laid on the bed, his voice making her fall asleep.

At seven Raine woke up to find her body hugging Hasan. They were cuddling like a couple and the thought annoyed her. She came out of his grasp waking him in the process.

"It's time for college", He sighed and sat up leaving the room so she could get ready. Raine got ready in half an hour and exited the room to find Hasan having breakfast. Seeing her he smiled and poured out tea for her. She found some omelette in the plate and realised he had packed lunch for her in a tiffin.

She was speechless but tried to convince her heart that this was normal. She had to wait only six months before escaping the country.

Having had breakfast she went to colleg on the rickshaw as a smile formed on her lips thinking about everything that took place. Her thoughts were  brazen and she realised that she didn't hate Hasan anymore, which was bad. Extremely bad.