Matches

The guys spend that evening talking freely, they joked around and laughed watching Jeremy dances after his 3-pointers. The match ended in a 89 boys, 82 girls. Ange got 17 points, while Jeremy got 15. They were hard players, and their teams were good. The tournament was almost in semifinals and they got to play and practice with them all.

Actually, Malkie was wondering why Marion never commented about his son playing that good basketball, but Malkie knew he always convinced his driver and went secretly to practices and matches. Malkie was his helper too, making his mother explain her something and stuff. So she didn't notice Jeremy missing.

She was proud of him, even if they knew each other for not that much time. They both were good friends, almost like siblings.

At first she wasn't going to his practice, but at 3:00 he called her. She was chillaxing at home and his call made her go like mad to his high school. The dummy boy told her that he had forgot his basketball shoes and he couldn't play without them, she said not my problem but then he added if he didn't practice today, the coach won't let him play semifinals. She got really worried and told him she will go as soon as possible.

When she arrived if was just ten minutes before Jeremy's practice. She started running as fast as she could with his basketball shoes, she passed a big guy and thought he must be the coach. She started running faster and he yelled her something, she didn't mind.

But for her surprise whe she entered the arena, Jeremy already was with some basketball shoes, she took a breath and got angry. She greeted the guys he was with and the she told him to go with her.

"Why you making me come as crazy, when you already had shoes." she complained fiercely. He put a idk face and just smiled.

"Are you playing dumb?,  you wanna die this young?" Malkie finished.

"No no, don't get angry. The guys wanted to see my caring sister so we made a bet on if you would come." he smiled and Malkie almost beat him with his own shoes.

"I'm not your sister, listen to me. I'm gonna tell your mother about everything and you gonna be grounded until university." Malkie smiled and took her phone, instead he started looking around and saw Ange's brother walking next to them. Jeremy called him and he came.

And that way Malkie ended talking with Melo all afternoon. While she was saying goodbye to LaMelo and Ange, the younger asked if she was going to the semifinals matches, Malkie wanted to say no cuz she really wasn't interested in but Jeremy went first and told Ange that Malkie would definitely be there. Ange smiled to the both and a confortable atmosphere was made.

When Malkie and Jeremy arrived home, he gave her 20 bucks.

"What's with this?" she frowned while taking the money.

"The half of the bet." he said selflessly, she smiled and took the money.

"Don't do this again, just ask me to go." calmly she went to the couch and layed down.

"You wouldn't have gone." He said but didn't dare to watch her to the eyes.

"Yo, there's something wrong?" Malkie asked after noticing the weird atmosphere.

"You're the only person that has ever gone to my practices." Sadly Jeremy said.

"Mom doesn't even let me play basketball, she thinks I just play at home for fun... Then dad, he's always busy in France. " added and without letting Malkie say something, he went directly to his temporary room.

Malkie was left with a strange feeling in her heart, was she caring too much for him? No, he was a lonely boy. Even his mother left him with a stranger once a month. Worried, Malkie quickly stood up and went directly to talk to him. The door was closed, she knocked slowly and he didn't open.

"Jeremy c'mon, let me tell you something." she spoke loudly and kept knocking.

"I don't wanna talk." was his answer.

"You can't isolate yourself. I don't know why you won't talk with me. But I won't laugh or judge you, alright?" she replied and sighed.

"Jeremy I care about you, listen. You're like my little brother. I will let you call me sister. Please open." Malkie talked with her heart and Jeremy was touched, he opened the door and looked at Malkie with sadness.

"Come here." Malkie invited him to sit down on the couch, he followed her.

"Why you mother is like that with you?" she asked directly, he made a grimace.

"She hates basketball, when she discovered I played with the school team. She told me I had to focus on studies, then the second time my teacher told her, she got angrier and told me she would definitely send me to a boarding school. I was so scared that I hide everything about me playing with the school. I even talked with all coaches and teachers, they won't tell mom. " he ended and relaxed, now he had someone to listen to him.

"Is Miss Marion always so strict?" Malkie replied, he moved his head.

"She lets me do whatever I want, is just with basketball... And for my bad luck, I love playing it." he complained.

"Shoot, my poor Jeremy...well we can't get depressed about it, can we?" Malkie smile trying to make he smile too. "lets make a deal, I will help you so you can play these tournaments last matches." he smiled and excited nodded.

"Mom is coming back on Monday, the final is the next Friday. Will you go to my matches?" Malkie happily accepted and promised that his mom would never notice he is winning the tournament.  After it both we're in good humour and got a better friendship.

While these both were in drama, in the other side of the city, LaMelo was eating with his sister. She was excited about the tournament and kept talking about
it, he gave her advices and she listened intently.

"Meloo, Will you come to my matches?" she said using a cute manner, after the training his mind changed and now he was thinking of going.

"Ye, it's only a week. Of course I'll go and cheer you up" he made her smile bigger.

"Bro..." Ange started trying to ask something,he guessed.

"Sis" he interrupted mocking.

"What were you talking about with Malkie?" was her question and Melo laughed.

"Are you jealous?"

"No no. I just wanna now why y'all laughing that much." replied Ange and smiled.

"we're talking about animals. She ended being a squirrel for me. And for her I ended being a bear. Of course it is nonsense I got nothing that represents a bear but that's what I tried to make her realise." Melo answered and his sister smiled.

"You're both adults but have kids conversations... But I'm glad you both friends, you need a real friend who's not taking you to do stupid things." Ange accused putting a serious face, he just smiled.

"Why ya so serious my little Ange, I have a bunch of good friends." he said excusing himself. She nodded with disdain and he tried to change the subject.

"How are things going with Jeremy?" he added and she just sighed in love.

"he's so cool and sweet. And he's the best playing basketball at school." she smiled and his brother started teasing her.

********************
Good day my readers. It's me again *stop it already* haha well, I don't know if y'all wanna see how Malkie looks? I've been wondering and I made a poster of the characters until this point of the story. The next chapter I'm gonna post it to haha. Now, thanks for reading. Loove.