Chapter 30: "Yourself"

Charlotte Emily's P.O.V

"How many kilometers was that?" asked Bonnie. "You increased by about three. Progress but still work that can be done," answered Duality. "Keep it up cousin but watch your back since I'll be creeping up on beating your height," said Springbonnie. "If I'm going to beat you in something for once than I'll make sure of it," responded Bonnie.

Watching those two made me sometimes wish I wasn't an only child, even if they weren't technically siblings. It wouldn't matter since you wouldn't be able to tell the difference unless you knew that yourself. Though I guess you could say everyone here is family by how they all act with each other. That's the type of family I was without for years. However even when I'm present with a chance to include himself with this family I chose not to. Not because I don't want to be around them but because I don't know what to say or how to approach them. Being alone for long hasn't taught me how to make friends again.

"Nice way to show off," said Helpy as I turned to the direction of his voice. "Not exactly but maybe I was little," responded Freddy. "Besides I don't see you practicing your jumps so I suggest you get back to it." "Of course," groaned Helpy.

Freddy was unlike anyone I had ever met,, though I hadn't meet a lot of people in my life. Michael was one thing I definitely didn't like, more so how he turned out after being his father's puppet for years. His father was the reason why I ended up the way I did, even if Michael was the one that killed me. To see him become a better person and rid the Purple Guy that was left in him was truly an accomplishment. Freddy was something else. Even against his purpose being a lie, loosing family and those that were thought to be allies, and facing defeat and death, he has stepped over all those things and remained at his best. There was just something about that made you want to look up to him and be like him, like he was a god or something. And he cared for you, just as he did for all of his friends and family. I wanted to talk to him and actually get to know him, but the fear of not knowing what to do was stopping me from walking over to him. I didn't know what to do.

"Yo anyone home?!"

"Huh?" I said looking back to see Springbonnie's next to me.

"You dozing off in the middle of training? Better hope Freddy doesn't notice, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind much anyways," she said.

"Right... " I responded. I hadn't spoken much to the others, mostly her cousin Bonnie at most to help her talk to her. I was surprised I managed to hold a conversation with him as long as I did, especially having my talk with him about helping Springbonnie. It was nice to know my advice did something good.

"You're Charlie right? How about I come up with an animatronic name for you?" asked Springbonnie. "Animatronic name?" I questioned. "Yeah, you know? Like a code name. Springy's real name is Michael and yours is Charlie. Or Charlotte. Or whatever. And you were the Puppet, or Marionette, or I don't know you got like a million nicknames but we can't use Puppet since you're kinda in animatronic suit now. Couldn't hurt could it?" she responded. "Well the suits name was Lefty, so I guess you can use that if you like," I responded. "Oh I get it! Your left eye , and I mean your left not my left, is missing so therefore Lefty. Huh. Cleaver?" she responded. "Guess your nickname is Lefty. Of course unless you don't like it?" she said. "No, it's fine," I responded. I didn't mind having another name to add to the long list of other names I had already so I decided it couldn't hurt to have another.

"Speaking of that eye how come you haven't gotten one replaced in that missing socket? Two eyes are better than one, especially when you get a new one. I guess that goes for the suit as well. Didn't think about that one," she continued. "Spending time to add an eye for the suit would be a waste since training is more important and is not needed. William also made sure once I got stuck in the suit that I wouldn't be able to get out, which made sure the suit sealed as well. I could spend time to get the suit unsealed but that would be difficult and would also be a waste of time. It would be better to fight alongside everyone else and make a difference instead of spending unnecessary time on me that could be used for stopping Afton," I explained. "But, I mean, what about the suit itself? Doesn't it kinda suck being a Puppet stuck inside a suit and especially having one eye like a pirate?" asked Springbonnie. "Being in this suit is just something I've just had to learn and adapt to. Having one eye isn't too bad either since I don't need to rely on my own eyes," I responded. "What? So are you like partially blind or something?" asked Springbonnie. "No. The Resurrection Power allows us to use senses to know the presence of someone when nearby. So I basically don't need to use my eyes to know when an enemy is around," I explained. "Ok, now that is cool. Freddy better teach us that soon," she responded. "Speaking of Freddy... " I said.