Chapter 15

"What are we gonna do, storm Oahu?" Coulson popped off when he saw Skye and Trip loading guns.

  "We don't know yet. Or even why Lutra is in swimming trunks of all things." Skye gave me a weird look.

  "Because they're going swimming." Coulson replied while setting down a case. "Take this."

  "What is it?"

  "It's a watch. Deliver it to Cam, the owner of the Kahananui Repair Shop. Here. It'll need the following inscription- 'Dearest Darren, I count the seconds we're apart. Love, your island flower.' You got that?"

  "'Island flower'- got it. Anything else?"

  "If it starts to leak any fluids, drop it, run."

  "This does not sound like a watch." Skye narrowed her eyes while holding out the watch pinched between her fingers.

  "Take this to the Ka Pua Dry-Cleaner on Makamoimo Street." Coulson then handed something to Trip.

  "Maka- what now?"

  "Not the one on Hookelewaa."

  "Am I good with this in my pocket?"

  "That depends. You ever want kids?" Coulson waved his hand, and I didn't know if he was joking or not. "And bring back the blue tie."

  "You got it, sir."

  "Get back here ASAP. This bus has to be wheels-up in 40 minutes."

  "Then why am I going swimming?" I questioned with my hands on my hips.

  "Because you're going to check the perimeter of the island." Coulson came over to me and grabbed my wrist to attach what looked like a thick bracelet. "We can't use sonar, so you're going to make sure nothing's fishy while they go in."

  "Was that a pun?"

  "Unintentional. This is a water-proof comms device. Contact me immediately if you see anything." Coulson tapped the bracelet, and I nodded. "We don't have a lot of equipment for underwater use, but you should be fine. This is an in-and-out, so do not engage if you see something."

  "Understood."

  "Good. Head out." He gestured with his head to the Bus's opened cargo bay, and I dropped my camouflage as my tail flopped onto the floor.

  "Maybe we should invest in, like, a wetsuit." Skye stated.

  "Is there a problem?" Coulson turned to her as I was pulling up the sides of the swimming trunks.

  "She means my tail is getting in the way. I think I just mooned them a little."

  "You did. We can now say we've seen part of an alien's buttcheeks." Trip popped off.

  "Sorry."

  "....I guess a wetsuit would be a good investment. All right, head out." Coulson ordered.

~

  "Why do you keep hitting the table? What the Hell's making you so frustrated?" I questioned while walking up to Fitz.

  "I still can't put this blasted thing together in less than ten minutes, let alone six." He looked frustrated while waving his hand to the parts of a transceiver scattered on the table. "I don't know how I'm supposed to do this when only one hand works right."

  I glanced at the timer on the tablet to see his latest try.

  "Have you taken a break?"

  "I don't have time to."