Day 214

Jongin

I honestly didn't know how I was going to help him get his memories back. The only ones I knew were the ones we made together and I didn't know if I could even bare to remember them myself. But I figured as long as I was trying to not give up, I should agree to it. After all, I was the one who longed to be closer to him again. Maybe taking on this adventure would help me do that.

We had some group stuff going over the next few days, but the moment we were told we got a day off, I got up after sleeping in for an hour or two. In order to avoid the questions that the other members would fire at me, I tried to leave as quietly and as discreetly as possible. I did so successfully and then ended up taking a cab to Kyungsoo's house. After taking a deep breath, I made a fist and knocked on the door. I heard a few faint foot steps coming from inside before the door opened and Kyungsoo appeared, showing off the smile that I missed so much.

"Hi," he said, leaving the smile on his lips and pushing the door open wider. "Kai, right?"

"Y-Yeah. Hey," I said, trying not to make an emotional fool out of myself in front of him since this was basically a chance for us to get know each other all over again. I was just hoping that this time I would do it right.

"Come in," he said, motioning to the inside. I smiled faintly and nodded before walking through the door. "My parents are at work and will be back around four, so I guess we have until then."

"Okay," I said, nodding my head once again as I sat down on his couch. "So, how do you want to do this?" I asked him as he sat next to me. "I mean, what do you want to know...or remember, rather?"

"Everything, I guess," he said, shrugging his shoulders a little. "Or just everything that happened before the accident." 

I looked down at my lap, wondering how on earth I was going to explain to him that we used to be a thing. "Are you sure you want to know that much?" I asked him. 

He just looked at me, allowing our eyes to lock on each other for a few seconds, before he nodded his head. "Yes, I'm sure," he said, not taking his eyes off of mine. I swallowed the ball of nerves in my throat as I turned away from his gaze.

"Come on," I said, standing up from the couch with a quick jump.

"Oh, where are we going?" he asked from not too far behind me.

"To where it all began."

>>>>>>>

"What is this place?" Kyungsoo asked with furrowed eyebrows as we stopped in front of the school. "Seoul Academy for the Performing Arts? Why are we here?"

"This is where you went to school the year we met," I said as I shoved my hands in my jean pockets.

"I went here?" he said, as if he was totally surprised.

"Yes, you did," I chuckled.

"For what?"

"Singing," I replied. "You were really good. Well, I suppose you still are."

"Huh," he said.

"What? Are you really that surprised?" I said with a slight smile on my lips.

"No, I just never thought I would actually muster up enough guts to perform in front of an audience that didn't include my mirror," he said, getting a laugh out of me. "Can we go inside?" he asked, glancing in my direction briefly.

"I don't know," I shrugged, trying to look inside from where we were standing. "I guess we could go and check."

"Okay," he said, throwing me a bright smile. I shyly smiled back and then we walked toward the entry doors.