The letter

It's been 2 weeks since the funeral

It's been 2 weeks since the funeral. Val was barely eating and she hasn't spoken for a while. Melodie and I are worried, but she's grieving, so we are giving her some space.

I now have a key to V's house and I practically lived they because Valerie couldn't function, most of the time she just stared at the ern that held he mother's ashes. Emotionless, blank staring.

I am not running ReVause till Valerie is ready to return. I hired Miranda as the new receptionist and she's doing pretty well.

I promised Ms Warren I would take care of Valerie, and I will.

I sit on the couch, staring at a picture of my mother

I sit on the couch, staring at a picture of my mother. I miss her.

Lorenzo will be here any minute now. He is such a sweetheart, I don't deserve him, he has been taking care of me without complaint.

I heard a knock at my door. Lorenzo literally has a key, why is he knocking?

I got up and headed to the door.

"Are you Valerie Vause?" the strange man asked.

"Yeah" I crooked, my voice tasted strange on my tongue. It's been a while since I spoke.

"Your mother, left this for you before she died" he handed me this pink envelope.

"Thank you, sir"

"No problem"

I plopped right back on my couch and observed the envelope.

I gently tore back the paper, revealing a handwritten letter.

Dear Valerie,

If you are reading this, that means, I am dead. Wipe the tears from your eyes, I hate the lifeless look you've been rocking since the day I told you I was dying. Do not worry about me because I am up in heaven playing cards with Jesus or I'm in hell drinking bloody marys with lucifer... just kidding.

I had so much fun with you, Mel, Miranda and Lorenzo. Keep that man, he is definitely the one for you. The way he looks at you is the same way I looked at Alex. Now, you might be wondering, who is Alex? Well, let me start by apologising. I truly was a coward, because I couldn't bring myself to tell you. Writing to you is so much easier.

When I was younger, I fell in love with this beautiful man from Trinidad named Alex Vause. He was strong-willed, handsome, funny, hardworking, devilishly charming and everything you would dream of an in man. We dated for 2 years before he proposed to me in a park and then at a restaurant, so we could get a free dessert. A couple of months later, I found out I was pregnant. Was ecstatic, my life was coming in nicely, but when I was 8 months pregnant. Alex got into a car accident and died. That day my life came to an end and I could hardly function. I was depressed and in a very dark place, so when I had the baby, I gave her up for adoption and fled to California.

Many years later, I worked as a teacher at a high school and one day I laid my eyes on you. What are the chances, I gave a child up for adoption and she somehow comes right back to me? As you may remember, we instantly clicked and soon after, I adopted you. Little did you know, I was your biological mother. For years I kept it from you, no problem at all. But that day you first introduced me to Lorenzo and you mentioned I was your adopted mother, my past and this secret came rushing back to me and it began to eat me alive.

Please, forgive me and don't be mad but if you are, I won't blame you, I should have told you sooner.

I love you and remember, to never stop till you rise to the very top, even though you are a billionaire, there are things you still haven't done.

Love Mom,

TO BE CONTINUED...