~ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

(hello ! I am indeed alive- despite not posting in like.. four months.. whoops. I had been in a very bad place mentally and just had no motivation to write unfortunately. Then, I watched the marvel movies for the first time and became obsessed. But, here is the long awaited chapter twenty.)

Fear flooded every one of the losers bodies as they got closer and closer to the sewers

They all had the dreading fear of death. There was always the possibility that someone would not make it out of here alive.

And Lydia had the weight of knowing that if she did not change some things, then it would not have been a possibility but a promise.

As they all sat there they all came to realise how important their life was to them, and the friends they were surrounded with. I suppose when you believe your life is almost coming to an end, you really start to realise it's importance.

Just as Bill took the first step into neibolt house, Beverly got out of the car and ran toward him, yelling his name to get his attention.

Everyone followed behind her as Bill turned and saw them all "no, no you guys. No. I- I started all this. It's my fault that you're all here. This curse, this fucking thing that's inside you all, it started growing the day I m-m-made you go down to the barrens because all I cared about was finding Georgie." He spoke, struggling to say his brothers name at the end.

Lydia shook her head "Bill you didn't make us go down to the barrens. We wanted to go down, we all wanted to help you find Georgie. This didn't start because of you." She tried to take a step forward, to pull him away from the house but he took a step further away from her

"No! I-I'm going to go in here and I don't know what's going to happen but I can't ask you to do this it-" he began, but stopped when Beverly took a step forward and bent down, grabbing a long sharp piece of metal.

"Well, we're not asking you either." She told him

He took a step down and closer to her "Bev-"

"We didn't do it alone then bill, so we're not going to do this alone now." Mike interrupted

"Losers stick together." Ben continued

"We are all defeating the clown together. No ones going alone." Lyds spoke, looking at Ben.

Everyone stood in silence for a moment before Eddie spoke up, "so does somebody wanna... say something?"

Bill looked around at them all "Richie said it b-b-best when we were here last."

Richie stared at him blankly, "I did? 'I don't wanna die'?"