~ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

(wattpad would not let me upload ANY gif of Bev so have one of Jessica from a different movie)

Beverly and Lydia walked side by side in a awkward silence down the pathway, tensing up at every sound that came from around them.

Beverly had many questions she wanted to ask Lydia and Lydia knew she did. She knew everyone had questions about her, about Stan.

"I know you want to ask..." Lydia muttered, watching her feet as she walked.

"I-no... well- not really...not until you want to.." Beverly told her.

Lydia glanced at her for a second before taking a deep breath "I got pregnant again..That's why we split.."

Beverly paused for a moment to try understand what Lydia had meant, "you mean Mia? But how-"

"No," Lydia interrupted, "no not Mia. There was a third. Stan and I hadn't expected it, it was only less than a year ago. But we had gottten ourselves prepared.  We got excited. We got stuff for the baby, we even started preparing to buy a new house to fit all of us. But uhm... it never happened." She spoke, her voice shaking at the end as she paused for a moment.

"We lost the baby. I was five months. I blamed myself. I kept going to the doctors, practically begging them to tell me there was something wrong with me and that's why I had lost the baby, I had trouble at first getting pregnant with Connor, so I thought there had to be something. But, they couldn't figure it out. So I just hid in my room, or even at Richie's house. Stan was obviously upset too, and instead of helping each other get through it we just- distanced. It was more my fault, I kept hiding myself from people and anytime I spoke him, I ended up saying something rude, that I didn't mean to... eventually.. we had broken up.. and, although no one knows, not even Richie, we currently are waiting to divorce..." Lydia finished, not looking up from her feet once in an attempt to hide the fact she had begun to cry

Beverly stopped walking, quickly pulling Lydia into a hug "Lyds I'm so sorry.. I'm guessing Richie is the only other one who knows..?"

Lydia nodded, "We had all stopped talking.. Richie was the only other person I had."

Bev gave her a sad smile, "I'm sorry about that.. turns out you were right. " she began as the two began walking again "A few years back, when I started dating that guy.. god, you hated him. You didn't at first but you were convinced that there was something off about him, with the relationship. And you were right. I just- I didn't realise it until I had moved out to Chicago. Of course, it was all his idea but he had almost convinced me it was all my idea. I didn't want to leave you guys. But I'm not going back. Once this is all done, we won't get separated again."

Lydia smiled, "I think that sounds great."

Beverly gave her a small smile back and they continued in a comfortable silence back to the hotel.

The two walked into the hotel, quickly taking notice of how quiet it was. "Ben went out to find Stan, Richie is in his room cause Ben had to convince him to stay here and not leave. Bill basically ran out of the building before I came to find you and I think Eddie is upstairs too." Bev told her

Before Lydia got a chance to say anything, Eddie's voice could be heard "guys!!"

The two girls shared a panicked glance before they ran up the stairs.

"Ed's?"

Beverly, who stood in front of Lydia, let out a scream upon seeing Eddie stood as close as possible to the wall, a deep cut on his cheek and blood spilling down into the floor.

Slowly, he began to fall to the floor and Beverly quickly sat beside him to hold him up.

"Jesus, Eddie, what the hell happened to you?" Lydia asked

He lifted his hands to his mouth as blood started to come out of his mouth before speaking very casually "Bowers is in my room.."

A crashing sound came from his room and Lydia quickly ran past the two on the floor, hearing a quiet "in the bathroom.." come from Eddie

She ran to the bathroom, seeing blood spread on the floor and in the bathtub, she looked towards the window to see it smashed and walked up to it, looking outside in hopes to catch where he had gone.

Bowers was stood below the window, throwing a shower curtain to the ground before he slowly turned to where Lydia was looking out. He gave her a creepy smile as he pulled a small knife, that presumably was the one he had stabbed Eddie with, out of his chest. He chuckled as he ran to his car, shouting, "One down! Fuck yeah!"

Lydia watched him get in his car before she turned to leave, grabbing a towel from the shelves and running out to where Eddie and Bev still sat.

"Is- was it actually bowers?" Beverly asked

Lydia nodded, "Definitely. He still has that stupid fucking mullet. That's how I know." She told her, attempting to clean the blood off Eddie.

"Why would he be here? Or why would he attack Ed's?" Beverly mumbled, more so to herself but Lydia had heard

"When he was leaving, he shouted 'one down.' He's clearly after all of us.  As if he was tasked to do so.  And we all know who would task someone to kill us all.."

Eddie groaned in pain and Lydia put her attention back to him, "okay, your fanny pack, I'm guessing you still have one?"

He let out a small nod, "in my room."

Lydia nodded and passed the towel over to Beverly before she stood up and went back into his room. Once she got it, she went to go back out to Eddie and Bev before she stopped outside Richies room.

She furrowed her brows before she looked down the hall to the two, "Bev, didn't you say Rich was here..? Ben convinced him to stay..?"

Beverly looked at her confused "yeah. He was going to just- leave but Ben got him to stay. Why?"

Instead of giving a reply, Lydia opened the door to his room, quickly picking up on the fact the room was empty, no bags, no clothes, the bed had been made. It was empty.

"That fucker.." she mumbled.

"What?  What happened?" Eddie asked, although it sounded funny as Beverly was holding the towel on his cheek, looking up at Lydia as well.

She turned to the two

"He fucking left.. he's not here."

"Then we have to go find him." Eddie spoke. "He's not backing out first, that's my thing."