Chapter 7

“Your room?” Ben asked. I nodded. “How did you guys even get here so quickly?” “We were not really in those other places. We were going to surprise you.” Ben said. Adam repeated what Ben had said “Your room?” “YES, OUR ROOM.” Skylar laughed. “Can we trust you guys not to make Astin babies in the bed?” Adam asked. “Ya Skylar. I though you guys were just friends.” Ben added. “No! We wont! And yes, just friends.” Skylar said. “Besides, friends kiss.” Skylar blushed. “Ya!” I agreed, giving both Ben and Adam a quick kiss on the cheek. Skylar just stood there. “Oh! Your girlfriend just kissed us! Are you jelous?” Adam taunted Skylar. “Shes not my girlfriend!” Skylar yelled. “Im never washing this cheek!” Ben laughed. “Now boys, theirs plenty of my to go around.” Skylar still wasn’t laughing. Ben said “I didn’t know your girlfriend was this fun.” Skylar glared at him and said “just friends.” I kissed Skylar’s cheek too. “Now are you happy?” I asked him. He shook his head. “Can I invite my two friends Lily and Samantha over?” I asked.  The boys all nodded. “I called them and we all drove home. I had to drive Skylar home. “Why are you so unhappy?” I asked him. “Because your paying more attention to Ben and Adam then me.” He frowned. “I haven’t seen them in three years! And besides, our kiss was attention.” I said. “You know what I think. I think someones jelous.” I grinned at him. “Enough Amber! Just shut up!” He yelled at me. The rest of the time we were silent. When we got there everyone was waiting. “Skylar. Bring everyone up to the room. Im going to get another key.” I sternly said. Ben waited with me. “You don’t seem as happy as before.” He said. “Why?” I decided to tell him about the car ride. “He yelled at you?” I nodded. “Its like hes embarrassed to be seen around me and hes been getting mad easily.” He shook his head. “I don’t know why. Sorry. Anything else?” “Do you mind listening?” I asked. “No. Not at all.” “Well, he always makes sure people know were not dating.” I said. “I noticed that.” Ben said. I nodded. “Do you want to be more than friends?” He asked me. “Yes. We kissed and everything. But were only friends.” I sighed. The hotel guy finally gave me another room key and Ben and I walked back to the room. “He gets jealous easily but doesn’t want to date me.” I said. “He will eventually.” Ben said, as he opened the door. “Well you two sure had a lot of time.” Skylar said. “Can you stop being jealous and trust me for one second!” I yelled, then quickly covered my mouth in shock that I yelled that. “If you want to know what Ben and I talked about, then I’ll tell you.” I said, lowering my voice. “Ok what?” he asked. “Well Ben was listening to me blabber on.” I smiled. “I didn’t mind. It was nice.” Ben said. Skylar glared at him. “And we talked about… well, I talked about, kissing and dating.” Skylar looked at me then looked at Ben in shock. “What?” “Not about between Ben and I, but between you and I.” I said. Skylar looked at me confused. “But maybe I should date Ben. You keep saying that were just friends.” I told Skylar. Ben jokingly winked at me. “What about us?” Skylar said. There were tears in his eyes but he quickly wiped them away. “What about us?” I said. “Were just friends, your embaressed to be seen around me, your jelous, and you kiss me. And I kiss you.” I said. “Im not embaressed or jelous!” Skylar told me, grabbing my hand. I pulled my hand away and said “Oh really? You make sure people know were not dating but get mad when I talk to other guys.” Skylar went silent and so did I. Out of the akward silence Adam said “Any game suggestions?”