Hero n' Villain duet ((AU))

(This is based off of the Hero n' Villain duet by Natalie Chavez, I found it on YouTube & thought of this- Check the song out though, it's awesome! )

(So, this is basically an AU where the villains are now heroes & the heroes are now villains. Like, Shigaraki is a hero, & All Might is a villain-... Bruh, All Might would be scary as a villain-)

Bold- Overhaul

Underline & italic- Y/n 

Bold, underline, & italic- Overhaul & Y/n speaking at the same time ((If you listen to the song, it makes more sense-))

(Real quick- Basically, the reader is like Overhaul, they hate quirks & are pretty germaphobic & harsh, while Overhaul is still a bit of a germaphobe & still a little harsh, but not as much as he is as a villain-)

You were in your office, sighing as you sifted through the paperwork on your desk, god, there was so mUch- You were about to grab a pen when you heard the door open. 

You closed your eyes, not bothering to look up. You grabbed the pen, about to fill out another piece of paperwork. "FatGum, I told you, we can talk lat-" 

"It's not FatGum." 

Your eyes widened when you heard the familiar voice speak. You looked up, seeing Overhaul, one of the most recognized heroes in Japan. Even though he hated the recognition- ((We'll say he's like Aizawa & hates being recognized & seen-))

He almost made you sick, but you... Still had a soft spot for him. 

"What do you want?" You asked a bit harshly, pushing those feelings aside. 

"What are you doing, dear? Aren't you tired?" He asked you. You sighed & stood up. 

"What are you doing here? I don't think that you were invited." You said, glaring at him. "Here you go again, 'pretending' like you love me, when just beneath the surface, you're convinced that you're above me." You said as you crossed your arms. 

Overhaul sighed. "Dig deep into the past, I've never been one for doing things half-assed, if I am here to save you, I'll be here forever, just take my hand, I'll be your knight in shining armor!" He said as he smiled softly & held his hand out. You stared at his hand, before putting your fingers between your eyes. ((You know, like, when you're frustrated-)) 

You giggled sarcastically. "You think.. You're a hero?" You asked him. "And they'll tell you, "You Are!", so stoic & handsome~ And you've come so far..." 

"You think you're a villain, but I know you're not!" Overhaul said as he placed his hand on his chest. "Under all that angst & anger is- 

A beating, human heart." 

"A dying, broken heart." 

"Hey, what about the lonely little girls?" You asked, as Overhaul said, "I'm sorry!" "What about the monsters who've prevailed?" "I'm sorry!" 

"You never came, to save my world, 

What about me?"

"What about us?" 

He said, thinking of Pops. ((Like I said, everything is switched now-))

He reached his hand out to you, to try to gently grab you. "I recognize that you're upset, I know 

They did you wrong."

"Oh, you know nothing of me." 

You said, slight anger filling your voice as you rolled your eyes & swatted his hand away. 

He held his hand to his chest. "Trust me, please believe me, this won't stop the hurt for long." 

You opened your mouth, about to protest, when he started talking again. 

"We don't need to end like this! 

Look me in the eyes!"

"Here comes the ✨hero complex✨"

"You think that you're a villain, but we know it's a disguise."

"I know I'm a villain, but you're the one who lies." 

You glared at Overhaul. "So, you're back at it again? Twisting & manipulating every word I've said!?" You asked as anger &,, almost,, some sort of saddness bubbled in you. 

"Come on, you know that's not true, I'm just trying to help you! Let me help you!" He said as he felt the same sort of sadness. He grabbed your arm, which caused you to gasp, before roughly pulling your arm away from him. 

"You are not my hero!"  You said as you began to cry, just a little. "You don't know how it felt... What else could you do with the cards that I've been delt?!" You asked, knowing he probably didn't have a response. 

He didn't know what to say, he knew what you had gone through, hell, he was there for most of it. But he could never help, he was always too busy... And look what happened. 

".. You are not the villain... You once held my hands..." He said softly as he stared down at his hands. He though back to the happy Y/n he once knew, before they were a villain. They always brightened his day, no matter what happened to him. 

He wishes he could do the same to you. 

You sighed, you couldn't believe that you once wanted to be a hero... But now, seeing all of this, and how no one ever comes to rescue you, you realized how sick they all were. You hated them all, & their quirks. 

You didn't want to see Kai anymore, but part of you wanted him to stay, wanted to hug him. But you refused to listen to that part. 

"Stand up. Get out. Sometimes things don't go as planned..." You said as you held back from doing anything else besides pointing at the door, telling him to leave. He stared at you for a second, then the door. He bowed his head as he walked away, glancing at you one more time, before leaving, closing the door once out. 

You sighed & sat back down at your desk. Part of you wanted him back, so badly. But you refused to listen. He was a filthy hero, but he still had a special place in your heart... 

You didn't want to admit it, but... You missed him. 

Once out of the room, Kai sighed & leaned against the wall. He slid down the wall, before gently landing on the ground. He put his head in his hands, god, he missed you... The old you, especially. He just wanted you back, but he knew about your views on this world, and he knew he wasn't going to change them. He began to cry ever so softly, knowing he had lost you. You hated him now. You probably did ever since he became a hero, honestly- 

He knew he was never gonna get you back. 

((I dunno why, I just wanted to give a little background as to what you & Kai did after that whole thing-))