Ch.2 Favorite Player

■Kageyama's POV■

I stare at the ghost girl as she looks at her body with a sad face. She said my name earlier, do I know her?

Kageyama: oi... um... gh- girl...

The girl looks up at me and then wipes the ghostly tears away. 

Kageyama: who... who are you? why are you here? why did you know my name?

The girl looks at her hands and then sighs, though it probably doesn't let any air out. She looks at me and then bows her head.

Does ghost normally this polite?

Y/N: I... uh, my name is Y/N... I'm 25 years old.... I live in Miyagi... I know Kageyama san... because, I'm... your fan...

Does ghost watch volleyball? is it okay for me to speak with this entity?

I swallow my nervousness and try to continue having a conversation with this ghost. This ghost doesn't look dangerous or even scary.

Kageyama: you... uh... does ghost likes volleyball?

That girl's eyes widened.

Oh my, did I offend her? Am I gonna be cursed?

Chuckles

That Y/N ghost is giggling. Her sad face changes into a laughing one and then she looks at me.

For a ghost, aren't those eyes look too gentle?

Y/N: hi hi... Kageyama san... just like the rumor, though you're amazing in the court... you're kind of silly outside of it... may I ask what date today is?

I look at my phone to check the date.

28/03/2021, 07:00 P.M

Kageyama: it's March 28th.... why do you ask?

Her eyes look sad again but then she smiles.

Y/N: I... I'm your fan when I'm alive... but, it seems like I've just died about an hour ago... 

She looks down and I can see that her eyes are sad, confused, and seem lost. How did she die? She said she lives in Miyagi, why is her ghost in Tokyo?

Kageyama: I... uh... I'm so sorry for your loss... of your life... do you mind telling me why you're here? I thought you live in Miyagi...

Y/N: I was in Miyagi... I was.... on my way to the station with my cousin... when... I think I was hit by a car... I don't know why I'm here though...

Damn those cars and their crazy drivers...

Kageyama: are you headed somewhere when it happens?

Y/N looks up at me and did I see her eyes spark a bit.

Y/N: I was actually on my way to the station... I... want to go here... to Tokyo.... to uh... watch Schweiden Adler's game tomorrow...

■3rd Person POV■

Kageyama's eyes widened when he hears Y/N's honest answer. Here in front of him, one of his fans' ghost is standing after she died in an accident on her way to watch him play.

Y/N sees the changes in Kageyama's face immediately thinks of what on his mind. Y/N walks closer, or maybe floats closer to Kageyama's bed but not too close.

Y/N: Ka-Kageyama san... uh it's not because I want to watch you... I mean my death.... it's... it's my own fault...

Kageyama sees the girl who tries to give him a reassuring smile, though if she has a body Kageyama is sure that she'll be trembling at the moment. Kageyama somehow feels guilty though Y/N said it's not his fault.