Ch.11 Not Just a Favorite Player (Final Chapter)

■Y/N's POV■

I'm sitting on the sofa in the Bakery's backroom. Yuno is beside me and she's stroking my hair.

Yuno: so what will you do?

I hide my face in my arms remembering my last encounter with Kageyama san last week.

When Kageyama san took me on a date to the aquarium, he confessed to me. I literally am confused by that. Kageyama san a person that I look up to a lot, but as a volleyball player, and suddenly, one time I decided to approach him for an autograph, I ended up getting a confession from him.

Y/N: Yunoo... I... don't know... he's... my favorite player... I still can't help but think that he's in another league...

Yuno: hft... how do you feel when you're with him?

Dub dub

How do I feel?

Kageyama san, when I'm with him I feel familiar for a reason. It feels like it's a normal thing for me to be around him and I feel comfortable when I'm with him.

Moreover, somehow, whether it's a coincidence or not, Kageyama san knows a lot of things that I like. Like taking me to the aquarium. And sometimes, as if he knew what I'm going to say.

Y/N: I feel... comfortable around him... Yunoo what should I do... Kageyama san will come here today... he wants my answers...

I look up at Yuno but she's smiling.

Yuno: this is cute and funny... how you're the one who's always watching over him, but he ended up knowing you more... and... you are confused when your idol confessed to you...

I can't help but feel that my cheeks grew warm so I bury my face in my arms again.

Yuno: there there...

Yuno keeps stroking my hair and somehow I became sleepy.

~Dream

Kageyama san is sitting on the bed and is there's a person who looks like me next to him.

Y/N: Please... don't give up and do your best to get better... and play in the Olympics as Japan's setter...

The scene changes, we're still in the same room. 

Kageyama: you look good when you laugh...

The scene changes again, where are we? the previous room looks like a hospital room, and this one looks like an apartment. There Kageyama san, cornering me? between him and the window.

Kageyama: The setter that you admire is me... so just look at me... don't fawn over some other guy... aren't I, your favorite player?

The scene changes again, we're at an aquarium. This is not the Sendai aquarium, where is this place?

Y/N: I just wondering... will I ever able to visit this place again...

Kageyama: then let's go again...

What's with all of these scenes? it's changing again. We're back at the hospital. Kageyama san and I passed an old lady and the old lady says I'm beautiful.

Kageyama: She's right... when she says that you're beautiful... I guess she can see you clearly...

The places are changing again. Kageyama san is towering over my body.

Kageyama: Please promise me you'll watch me...

Y/N: I... Promise...

~Ends of dream