Ch.7 My Favorite

■3rd Person POV■

Yesterday, the doctor says that Kageyama's foot is in a good condition and he can start playing volleyball again.

Kageyama has started practicing with the national team and Y/N is happy to watch him play volleyball up close though it's just practicing along with the other players.

Y/N can't go further than 3 meters away from Kageyama, so she's practically on the side of the court. Kageyama once in a while steals glances at Y/N as the girl looks so excited to see the other volleyball players.

Kageyama frowns and Hinata pokes him.

Hinata: oi... Kageyama, you okay?

Iwaizumi along with Hinata and Yaku.

Kageyama: I'm okay...

Then.

Atsumu: osu!

Atsumu walks inside the gym and heads to the court. Kageyama sees as Y/N's eyes spark when Atsumu walks in front of her. A nerve pops on Kageyama's temple.

Kageyama: right after I told her not to fawn over other men.... I know that she likes setter the most but... I'm her favorite player, aren't I...

Atsumu sees Kageyama and walks closer to him.

Atsumu: oo! You're better now I see Tobio... good to see you aro-

Kageyama: I won't lose to you!!

Everyone looks at Kageyama and so does Y/N. Atsumu blinks a couple of times before grinning.

Atsumu: good spirit... but I won't lose either... hahaha

Kageyama pouts at Y/N making the girl confused. Hinata looks at Kageyama and whispers to Bokuto.

Hinata: He sure is high spirited for someone who just healed from an injury...

Bokuto: well that's good right!

The players are all practicing right now. Y/N can't take her eyes off the court. She especially is glued to a certain black haired setter.

Y/N has been hanging around Kageyama for two months and now she can finally see him on the court. She always watches him from the bleachers but now seeing him this close, as he plays his favorite sport. Y/N could see that Kageyama sure is shine when he plays volleyball.

Y/N feels warm by the sight of Kageyama, happily playing on the court

Y/N feels warm by the sight of Kageyama, happily playing on the court. She's really happy that she could see this. Just then a thought crossed her mind.

Y/N: how much longer can I see him like this?

Just then Kageyama looks at Y/N and the two meet eyes. Then Kageyama smiles at Y/N making her having fuzzy feelings. She too beams a smile at Kageyama. Happy that he can finally play his favorite volleyball again.