ch.3 Laugh

■3rd Person POV■

It's been nine days since Kageyama was admitted to the hospital. He has been walking around with crutches and lately trying to stand without them.

Y/N: Kageyama san I don't think it's a good thing to stand without your crutches yet... doesn't it hurt?

Y/N is watching from the side as he's trying to stand without the crutches. She has been hanging around Kageyama since that day. It seems like no one other than Kageyama can see her. Whenever a nurse or doctor came to this room, she would just stand where people could see her but they just don't.

Sometimes when Kageyama has someone else in here, he sees Y/N stares at the other with a sad face. Kageyama sometimes thinks that it must be lonely not to be seen or able to talk to someone. He's glad she could at least talk to him.

Kageyama: I think I could mana-

Salaam

Hoshiumi: Kageyama! You okay??

Ushijima and Hoshiumi walk into the room.

Ushijima: Hoshiumi, you should've opened the door gently...

Y/N gasps at the presence of another Schweiden Adlers member. She squeals shyly while saying their name.

Y/N: oh my... It's Ushijima san and Hoshiumi san...

Kageyama sees her eyes spark as she looks at her favorite team members and somehow it irks him to see her fawn over his teammates.

Kageyama: Ushijima san, Hoshiumi san...

Ushijima places a basket of fruits on the bedside table.

Ushijima: how's your condition?

Kageyama: it's just, my left foot is injured... the rest is fine. Ushijima san, Hoshiumi san, thank you for taking me to the hospital last week...

Ushijima: don't mention it...

Hoshiumi: that drunk driver is in jail Kageyama... because of him, we don't have you on last week's game...

Kageyama flinches when he hears this. Y/N sees as Kageyama's body stiffens. She knows that Kageyama is still upset about not playing for the game last week. And to be honest, she's sad too because she died just a day before that game, she should be watching that game with her cousin.

Kageyama who's a bit upset looks at Y/N who's kind of down. Then he remembers, Y/N was supposed to watch the game with her cousin, but she died. Now Kageyama feels bad for feeling down.

Kageyama: oi, are you alright?

Y/N looks at Kageyama as he stares at her.

Hoshiumi: who? Me? Or Ushijima?

Hoshiomi says as he looking in the direction where Y/N stands because Kageyama spoke while looking at it that way.

Ushijima: do you mean were we alright on last week's game without you?

Just then Y/N and Kageyama look at Ushijima and Hoshiomi who's blinking while waiting for an answer.

■Kageyama's POV■

Y/N and I exchange glances, and Y/N makes an X sign with her pointy fingers in front of her mouth, saying that I should not talk to her.

I swallow the nervousness in my throat and laugh weirdly.

Kageyama: ah haha yes, uh that's what I mean...

Hoshiumi: yes, we're fine... though we have it hard without you as our setter...