Chapter one

Katara's POV

It's been months now since the 100 year war ended. Everything ended happy but yet am still not happy. Zuko got Mai, Sokka got Suki and am with Aang and yet I feel something is wrong. I feel like am missing something in life, but I don't know what it is and it's driving me crazy. Every night these thoughts hunt my mind and I end up having sleepless nights.

There I was lying in bed looking blankly at the ceiling with those thoughts on my mind, till those were interrupted by a childish voice, Aang.
"Hey Katara, everyone's waiting for you so we can start dinner."
I got off from my bed went to the door and exited my room.
"Hey sorry." I said softly.
"Is there anything wrong." He asked with concern.
"N-no am fine lets go eat." A faked a smile.
"Okay let's go eat."
I take my seat in the dining hall next to Aang, as I sat down and saw Zuko opposite me. For some reason every time I see him my heart would start racing and of course Toph would notice this and nudge my side.

Zuko's POV

Katara she was always on my mind. Ugh what am I thinking I love Mai, but than why do I still feel empty. I saw her sitting across from me she was making my heart race as usual.
"Why do you make my heart race?" I thought to myself.

During dinner I didn't even realise I was looking at her the whole time till Mai caught me.
"What looking at?" She asked as she tried to follow my eyes, but I was just fast enough before she saw that I was looking at Katara.
"I was just.." I was trying to think of an excuse, "just thinking of Fire lord stuff, you know like ruling a nation, that short of stuff."
"Okay." She responded in her usual monotone.
That was close if she caught me I might never hear the end of it.

Katara's POV

I was sitting in bed tossing and turning like every other night just trying to sleep, but unfortunately the thoughts were hunting me. I decided to go for a walk to make me feel better. I walked down to a small lake just on the outskirts of the palace and started bending the water. What felt like ten minutes was actually an hour. I stopped bending the water and got up and went back to the palace. As I was walking I heard footsteps I turned around in a fighting stance and asked,
"Who's there?"
Than I heard a voice, it was the same voice that belonged to the very guy who made my heart race.
"Hey don't worry it's just me, Katara."
"Z-zuko? What are you doing here?"
He stepped out of the shadows,
"I should be asking you the very same thing."
"Hey, I asked you first."
"Fine, am only here because I needed some fresh air."
"Same here I needed some fresh air as well."