1

"So this is just the beginning, huh? I'm already so tired..."

<< Host, please stake awake as I heal your wound>>

"There's a goddamn knife in me and you want me to stay awake?"

<<Yes, is that so wrong?>>

"Two lives...and the only trustworthy companion I've ever had is an emotionless system. I'm doing great...hah..."

*edited*

Life is full of surprises that people should be expecting by now. but no one knows when to expect them. These surprises can be pleasant, unpleasant or they could start unpleasant only for you to realize that it was worth it or vice versa.

Life is unexpected.

It had been six hours since the plane had lifted off, and thirty minutes since Ha-Neul had woken up. To pass the time, she scrolled through her social media before getting up to use the bathroom. As soon as she closed the door, the plane suddenly shook, throwing her against the wall. Immediately, the captain spoke through the speakers, talking in a calm yet urgent voice as he attempted to calm down the passengers. Ha-Neul heard muffled screaming and shouting of many voices.

With her heart in her throat, she felt the plane falling as she grabbed hold of the sink and the doorknob. Cold sweat appeared on her forehead and her ears were deafened by the screaming of the other passengers. Her head slammed against the bathroom door.

Everything was too fast, everything was too loud.

She felt a scream building up her throat, one that would join the chorus outside the bathroom walls. The plane shook again, throwing her back against a wall. Ha-Neul faced the bathroom mirror, her terrified face staring back at her for a split second before her head was thrown into the mirror. Then, everything went black.

Pain.

She felt pain everywhere. Her body throbbed and her head pounded. She slowly opened her eyes, a blinding light stabbing into her eyes before she closed them again. Faintly, she could hear voices from outside of her subconscious.

"Don't worry....fine...safe."

Crying. "Are you.....okay?!"

"Of course....no..."

"Thank you...."

A while later, she opened her eyes again. There was still a sense of exhaustion overwhelming her, but this time, she was able to open her eyes.

A masked figure donning medical clothes was the first thing she saw. Ha-Neul was instantly jolted awake at the strange sight.

"It seems like you're awake," A feminine voice said from underneath the mask. "Here."

She handed a cup of water to Ha-Neul who took it with shaky hands, but she didn't take a sip.

"Something to quench your thirst. You've been asleep for a while now."

Ha-Neul gave her a stiff, but thankful smile before chugging down the water. She still felt parched, as if all the water in the world wouldn't quench her thirst. The woman took off her mask, revealing a kind smile. She refilled Ha-Neul's cup and waited patiently. After Ha-Neul was done, she flashed a smile again and started to talk.

"I hope you're not thirsty anymore. My name is Kim Chan-Mi, and I'm your nurse. You were in a pretty bad plane accident," She gave a sympathetic look. "You were the only one to survive, but you've been asleep for the past three weeks."

She paused for a moment, letting the news settle while studying her reaction. Ha-Neul laid back, trying to remember the events that happened.

"Your guardians visited you yesterday, and they will probably be back quite soon," The nurse continued.