17

Line of Hypocrisy(2)

There was a time, back before my transmigration, when I would genuinely mull over the reason why there were such predictable villains in every novel that I read. Perhaps it had to do with the laziness of the authors to think that crimes such as rxpe or theft would occur indiscriminately in such a situation. If the 'real destruction' ever came, wouldn't humans act more rationally than they thought?

After my transmigration, however, I became busier. I became more and more involved in the entertainment industry, filming movies, modeling, taking part in tv shows, and writing songs. I lost the time I once had to mull over anything that seemed insignificant back then.

It was a blessing that I still had time to read back then. To think that I was able to read Ways of Survival without dropping it.

"It looks like she's not planning on giving in, go ahead and kill her! But, hehe, make sure to leave the important parts undamaged."

Fucking sicko!

The answer lay right in front of me. I observed the men coming towards me, as well as the men who were watching from the rear.

[The constellations 'Demon-Like Judge of Fire' and 'Angel of Justice and Sovereignty' expect a fair judgment]

I realized it, once again. The human imagination was cliche, but the actions of humans in a real-life situation were even more cliche. It didn't matter how cliche our expectations towards humans became, humans would always disappoint us.

Hwiiik!

The trajectory of the iron pipe was a little funny. It wasn't a strike that held the intent to kill, in fact, I think he was more scared of me.

The pipe split in half as soon as it collided with my arm, I think I felt a small breeze tap me.

Their eyes widened in surprise, a flash of fear passing through their eyes as the grip on their pipes became visibility tighter. The men who had once been relaxed slowly started becoming more vigilant as they all looked from the fallen half of the pipe to my arm.

The one who hit me stared at the half-pipe in his hand. "I-If you don't run away then you will really die! Get lost!"

Even a naive child would be able to pick apart his fear. The four men surrounded me, the men in the rear raising their own pipes in a vigilante action.

Even though only one of them was trembling and the others weren't, they all had something similar and that was the flash of fear in their eyes.

What a beautiful look.

Aaaaaah!

One man rushed forward as he shouted, why would he ever come at me in such a defenseless posture? Feeling unbothered I lifted my thorn, stabbing him in the leg before abruptly pulling out, a small spurt of blood following close.

"Ah, ah, AH! My L-leg!" He cried out, collapsing on one leg to cradle his injured leg.

"You bitch!"

"Let's go at her at the same time!"

The agitated men came rushing towards me at the same time, but I remained unbothered as I nimbly moved across the floor. These men had only less than basic street fighting knowledge. They were open in so many ways.

It really was such a pity.

Tang! Kaang!

Puck! Puock!

They fell to their knees with a scream, as they cradled their bleeding arms, thighs, and legs. I didn't kill them, since the scenario's clear condition was to neutralize them.