Chapter 4 - Determined

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ CHOI HANEUL ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"Hey, babe."

Heeseung approached me as I sat quietly in my seat waiting for the class to start.

He just arrived, with some strands of his hair sticking out, he smiled and placed his bag beside his desk.

He rested his right cheek on his hand with his elbow on the table looking straight at me.

"Hey." I nodded at him and quickly diverted my gaze towards something else.

I played with the pen that I had resting on my desk to try and help distract myself from his gaze.

He chuckled at what I was doing, his gaze still not leaving me.

"You know you don't have to feel awkward around me because I took care of you, right?"

"I'm not." I still didn't look at him which certainly made it clear that I was lying.

I feel awkward. He didn't have to take care of me but he still did. The fact that I have been nothing but rude and snarky towards him did not help with how awkward I was feeling.

"Haneul, it's not a big deal. I just wanted to help, okay?" He smiled and titled his head to catch my gaze. He chuckled when I avoided him. "And Yeonjun was so worried about you that I couldn't help it."

He stopped talking to me after not receiving any response. I bit my lip, I still feel so award and embarrassed.

Soon enough our teacher entered the classroom and everyone went silent. I looking straight in front trying to focus on the lesson that was being taught.

However, I had the hardest time grasping anything that came out of my teacher's mouth when all I could think of was the man beside me.

Before I knew it, the bell had rung signifying the end of the lecture. Everyone started to disperse.

Heeseung and Beomgyu walked together and I followed suit.

Before Heeseung stepped out I caught a grasp of the back of his shirt to stop him.

Heeseung looked back at me with a curious look.

I release his shirt and he turned to face me.

"Thank you," I murmured shyly.

He hummed, not hearing me properly. Then, he moved and leaned in a bit closer to hear me.

"Thank you," I repeated. Now, with a firm and clear tone. "I forgot to thank you for yesterday."

Heeseung smiled dearly and ruffled my hair, "No worries, babe. Any time."

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

"Hey, Heeseung!" I called through the crowd.

He looked around with his doe eyes trying to look for the one who called him.

"Hey!" I waved at him.

"Babe, we'll this is different. I'm usually the one calling for you." He chuckled. "What's up?"

"Do you want to have ice cream? My treat!" I smiled at him. "Just to thank you for yesterday."

He chuckled again, "I already told you that It's fine, right?"

He sounded as if he was rejecting my offer but I still looked at him expectantly.

He looked at my expression and sighed in defeat. "But I guess I can't pass on the opportunity of you asking me on a date." He swung his arm around me.