Chapter 24 - Step by Step

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ CHOI HANEUL ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

A week passed after my confrontation with Heeseung and since then, I explained to the guys that it was probably best if I didn't go to the company like how I used to.

It would probably just end up being awkward and I don't want them to feel uncomfortable. I laughed at myself at the fact that I was hurting really bad but I still chose to think of how they would feel.

It was such a bad habit for my mental health but if it was for them, then I would always think that it was worth it.

I got myself busy with work and taking time to improve my craft. I didn't want to sulk on something that I can't really change. As much as I was still pained by our conversation, it's not like me sulking about it is going to change the fact that he did it.

As I sat down om desk at work, working on a script for our next interview with a rookie group, I sighed.

Just then, my phone buzzed and when I opened it up, I saw a notification from my brother.

Can I call?

The text bubble appeared and I quickly send a yes with a smile on my face.

"Hi, bubba!" Yeonjun spoke through the speaker of my phone.

I chuckled at his enthusiasm before answering, "Hi, Jun! What's up?"

"Can you come to the dorm tonight?" He asked, "We'll be having a party before Kaila leaves."

I quickly opened up my notebook that holds my schedule. I need to be free tomorrow if there's going to be a party tonight.

When I saw a clear page, I responded briefly, "Sure, Jun!"

We dropped the call at the agreement and I went straight back to work. But in actuality, all I could think about was how giddy I was feeling for later.

It's been so long since I saw them and since we all actually got together as a whole.

I missed being with them.

They took every inch of pain and worry whenever they are with me. I had something that distracted me from stress and any negative thought I was having.

Maybe that was the reason that I had such a hard time when they all left. Maybe that was why moving on and being okay with Heeseung again was much harder.

Because I had to endure it and keep it to myself for so long.

Of course, I would want to tell them but, whenever we're together, they are all so tired and just wants to have fun and relax.

I didn't want to ruin that.

Day at work was really slow so when the clock suddenly turned to 6 pm, I immediately stood up and left without any stop.

As soon as I opened the door, I could already hear the chaos that was my friends. I looked around to find them and smiled as soon as I did

Kaila, Soobin, Taehyun, and Huening were sitting around the table that was surrounded by monopoly cards and a few red cups beside them.

It's still weird for me to see them drinking even when we're all adults now.

The entire dorm was dimly lit, but each corner was glowing due to the neon lights that Huening bought online by mistake.

I faked a cough to get their attention.

"Don't be a stranger, Haneul. Just grab yourself something to drink at the kitchen, it's just over there." Taehyun said as he holds a bottle of beer and a few cards on the other.