Chapter 16 - Frustration

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ CHOI HANEUL ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"Hey, Heeseung. See you tomorrow alright?" Beomgyu said in a lively tone.

A week passed and everything seemed back to normal.

Well, almost everything.

"What's with tomorrow?" Heeseung asked in such a cold tone that I saw Beomgyu physically flinch.

I looked at Heeseung in shock. How could he forget such a special occasion?

Beomgyu cleared his throat and smiled even though he must feel embarrassed and awkward right now, "It's my birthday, Hee. Don't you remember?"

"Oh right!" Heeseung exclaimed. "Sorry, Beomgyu. I'm going out with Gab and Seon tomorrow."

My heart dropped as I saw Beomgyu's expression. I looked at my boyfriend in pure agitation hoping that he'd look at me to realize what he just said to our friend.

"But happy birthday, bro." Heeseung smiled and took his bag and left. Not even sparing me a glance.

I looked at Beomgyu apologetically and he motioned for me to go and get to Heeseung.

He did not fail to smile even after his friend's rude disregard of his birthday as a way of saying that it was fine.

But it wasn't.

It isn't fine.

"Heeseung, wait!" I ran past the people in the hallway.

He stopped and looked back at me before sighing and holding his hand out for me to hold.

I refused, "What was that about?"

I saw him roll his eyes as I declined his offer to hold hands. He stepped forward and began walking home.

"What now?" He sighed.

I shook my head in disappointment. I was about to say something about him dismissing his friend's birthday. But he stopped me.

"Don't look at me like that." He rolled his eyes and quickened his pace.

I gasped and tried to follow. "Hee," I held his hand and pulled him back. "I just wanted to talk to you about Beomgyu's birthday."

"Didn't I say that the guys and I have something tomorrow?"

I tried to not get annoyed, I didn't want it to turn into a fight. We've been on the edge for days after the announcement of debut members.

I always try to not let it go too far that we fight because I wanna understand that Heeseung is having a hard time right now.

"Alright," I sighed, giving up trying to persuade him about Beomgyu's party. "I'm sorry," I whispered.

He didn't reply he simply walked away with my hand in his. We went home with neither one of us talking.

My heart felt heavy, I felt so burdened but I knew I had to be there for Heeseung.

I want to be here for him until he feels better.

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

"Happy Birthday, Gyu!" I arrived with Yeonjun beside me.

I gave the birthday boy a hug and gave him my present.

He smiled at me widely and said, "Thank you, Haneul." Before looking at my brother and greeting him.

Beomgyu looked behind us hoping to see someone but when he didn't his face fell.