Chapter 21 - Better Do Well

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ CHOI HANEUL ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

After Yeonjun's birthday, I didn't visit them for a while. I couldn't risk having to see him again.

I laughed at myself as I brushed my hair getting ready for work.

I thought I was fine. I was so confident that after two years I have built myself back up again. I was such a mess after he left that I didn't even think I could be better, that I could even do anything without remembering him.

After two years, I got used to it. I got used to the feeling of not having him with me through everything I went through. It was hard of course, I was so used to him.

But I did it.

I achieved my goals. I studied and trained harder than ever to make myself forget him. I got myself busy and exhausted myself to the point that I didn't even have time to think about him, his girl, how he cheated on me, and how he treated me.

And it worked.

I now work in a field that I dreamed of. I loved my job and my life is as peaceful as can be.

But when I saw him at Yeonjun's party. Somehow every trauma, pain, and fear came back. The feeling of not being enough even when you gave everything, the feeling of being replaced for something better, the feeling of being neglected.

As I heard his voice that was the only thing that came to my mind. I knew I had to talk to him but I didn't think that I was that damaged by what had happened to us to be so cowardly scared of talking to him.

I was mad at him.

But more mad at myself.

For being so weak and thinking that he should be the center of my life. I shared so much with him.

Maybe too much.

I shared the things the loved and hate, my friends, my past, my stories and memories, my dreams, and even my family. I shared everything with him. That was why it was more difficult and more painful.

Because when he left everything that was left with me only reminded me of him.

I sighed as I took my car and went to work. I had to forget about it. and somehow make myself ready for that confrontation.

I can't afford to be weak again because of him. It should be me now, my life should be revolving around me and the people that I am sure of.

Not him. Not anymore.

"Good Morning, Haneul."

I looked at where the voice came from and saw K who was standing by the door with a bundle of papers in his arms.

I smiled at him and greeted him, "Good Morning!"

He chuckled at my enthusiasm, "You have no interview for today but you have one for tomorrow."

I looked at him confused, "Huh? I wasn't aware that I was the one assigned for tomorrow."

He shrugged, not knowing the answer to my question. He smiled his killer smile and said, "I'll go get the details for you—"

"No, it's fine I can do it." I shook my head not wanting to bother him.

He chuckled again, "It's fine, Haneul."

"Plus, there's someone waiting for you." He walked away and motioned me to follow him. I tilted my head and looked at him confused but proceeded to follow the man anyways.

We reached the waiting area of the studio and he turned to look at me with a sly smile on his face before opening the door and letting me in.

I eyed him suspiciously before stepping inside and when I saw who was sitting on the couch I couldn't help but scream.