Chapter 25 - Moving Steadily

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ CHOI HANEUL ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

After a year, we're now here. Taking everything slowly and got comfortable with each other.

Honestly, it was hard to be okay with having Heeseung around again. Through every occasion, hang out and even just my visits to my brother.

But at the same time, it felt nostalgic.

It felt freeing like I didn't have the burden of the past upon me anymore. I felt free from the scars that the past brought.

Forgiving people does help I guess.

Though, of course, I still am cautious with Heeseung. I always keep in mind the boundaries that I, myself, have placed between us.

"Y/N! Let's go!" I looked back at Taehyun who called me from his seat on the couch.

I looked at them for a while, the guys decided to visit our house since they said that they were too couped up in their dorm.

And of course, they had to bring Heeseung and one of his members, Jay.

I looked back at Heeseung who was holding a controller similar to Taehyun's. Looking intensely at the screen.

I laughed at them and went ahead and sat beside Taehyun who called me.

"What do you want?" I asked as Taehyun dropped the controller.

He groaned and I looked at the screen where a huge "LOSS" was written right above his character.

I laughed at him and as I did, he glared at me.

"What do you want me to do about that, loser?" I teased him as the guys chuckled at how petty their friend was.

He tossed me the controller giving Heeseung a side-eye and a smirk before saying, "Here, you play. I need to get my character to beat him."

"What that's unfair!" Heeseung immediately exclaimed which made me look at him.

I scoffed and tilted my head at him, "How is it unfair?"

"Because you're good!" He yelled again as a matter of factly.

I furrowed my eyebrows at him and countered what he said, "Am not!"

Then, I turned to Taehyun who was looking at Heeseung with squinted eyes, "And you know if I win against him it would be my win, not yours."

"I don't care! I just want to see him lose." He pouted as he exclaimed.

I laughed at him and said, "You're a sore loser."

He raised his eyebrow at me and glared, "Do you think I care?"

I shook my head at my friend's silliness. Taehyun is usually serious so this type of him where he shows his cute side, really makes us happy.

"Alright, give me." I raised my hand towards him and he immediately placed the controller on my palm.

Then the game started and all I knew was that Heeseung was definitely letting me win. I kept laughing every time his character misses a shot and fails to block my attacks.

"Heeseung what the hell are you doing?!" Soobin yelled frustrated while Huening only kept on laughing with me.

Taehyun laughed like he knew what was going to happen early on, "Told you Haneul would win!"

When the game ended and Heeseung dropped the controller on the table after his defeat, Taehyun and I did our celebratory high-five and we both kept laughing.