Chapter 8 - The Ace

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ LEE HEESEUNG ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"I can't believe you signed me up to volunteer for the drama department," I whined while painting one of the props for a play the drama club was going to perform.

Haneul laughed at me. She wanted extra credit and she asked me if I could accompany her.

"You could've said no, you know?" She smiled at me and passed another one for me to paint.

"You know I can't say no to you." I shook my head.

Although I didn't quite enjoy doing extra work, I knew it would be great, anything with Haneul would always feel great.

"Whipped." She teased and laugh back, before taking a step back from me.

Then she giggles as I looked up at my hair. She slowly reached for a hair stuck on my head.

Having her close almost made me lose my breath, my heart started beating faster. I looked at her and even with the messy hair and beads of sweat forming on her forehead, she still looked prettier than ever.

When I look at her, I can't believe the person that she's made me become, Haneul could ask me to do anything in the world and I would say yes without even thinking twice.

I was letting her drag me out of the comfort of my free time and I didn't even think about thinking of saying no.

Why?

Because she made me feel alive, made me feel free.

Never in my life did I think this feeling was real, but as I looked at Haneul standing in front of me eyes shining and smiling at me with paint on her hands and her hair comfortably hanging by her hair tie, I couldn't help but feel so many emotions at once.

"What?" Haneul chuckles as she saw me staring at her for a long time. My heart skipping a beat when I saw a small smirk form on her lips.

"I always thought this feeling was only possible in books and dramas," I whispered for only her to hear, taking small steps towards her and letting my hands fall onto her waist comfortably.

"You showed me it's real."

I looked at her and now, I am at a loss for words. She makes me feel great and that was the most beautiful gift that she has given me.

"I really really like you," I whispered.

She looked down, "I wish you'd stop saying that so out of the blue."

I chuckled at how cute she sounded, "Why? I'm not pressuring you. I just want you to know."

"But I'm not used to it." She looked up at me with her mesmerizing eyes.

"Well, get used to it. 'Cause I'm going to be saying it more frequently now."

I bent down to get our face on the same level, "I like you, Choi Haneul."

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ CHOI HANEUL ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"Wow, well this is different from the bubba I saw yesterday."

My brother laughed as he swung his arm around me when he saw me exit the gates of the school.

We walked home and Yeonjun kept teasing me about being overdramatic with what happened with Heeseung.

"'You have a bad taste in friends'"

He kept repeating my words and mocking the way I was sulking about it. I rolled my eyes at him and tried to stir the conversation.